Senior Operations Work Coordinator - Evergreen, CO
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.Position Summary
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of daily work plans for one or more functional areas across a large number of crews that effectively and efficiently use resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Provide work assignments to operations resources, assign equipment, request materials and complete other pre-requisite steps to enable the performance of requested work functions. Responsible for understanding the work detail of a given area and a thorough working knowledge of its assets and processes to establish the optimum crew and resource assignments.
- Adjust planned schedules on a day-to-day basis and assign crews for priority tasks in light of resource availability, scheduling conflicts and real-time progress reports from front line leaders.
- Review approved incoming designed work that falls outside the normal scheduling window, maintain visibility into the real-time "queue" and assign new tasks to manage exception work.
- Review work packet prior to assigning work. Coordinate all equipment to complete the work, complete pre-requisites needed "just in time" for work execution, and request all materials needed. Ensure the work acceptance process is completed properly and coordinate site checking and job readiness. Identify and determine necessary project changes and communicate changes to appropriate personnel.
- Manage work rejections from crews, triage additional work requests, and regularly adjust the schedule to accommodate disruptions in order to maintain promised start dates. Communicate schedule updates to front line leaders, crews and/or other stakeholders to eliminate non-productive field time.
- Communicate and work effectively with local supervisors and build and leverage strong partnerships with stakeholder groups and customers at a variety of levels to maximize productivity, utilization and operational efficiency of all resources.
High School diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or related field preferred. Minimum five years' experience in construction, design, maintenance or operations area (utility experience preferred). Scheduling/planning experience in utility or construction industry preferred. Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage work activities in a manner that meets customer and/or internal stakeholder requirements. Established analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools. Ability to retrieve and manipulate data from reporting tools. Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include Microsoft products, work management, mapping and scheduling tools.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $30.50 to $42.62 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Spot On Bonus, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.