Director, Gas Integrity Management Programs
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership to successfully develop, implement and manage the gas integrity management programs for all of Xcel Energy's gas transmission and distribution systems which is approximately $1 billion of net rate base to comply with federal mandates. Responsible for determining risk and threats to the Xcel Energy gas system. Responsible for determining and implementing preventive and mitigation measures to reduce public risk, system risk, and financial risk to the company. Accountable for implementation of organizational policies, attainment of organizational goals and objectives with emphasis on fiscal responsibility, employee/public safety and service reliability, as well as anticipating and positioning the organization to meet future business needs in a changing competitive and regulatory environment. Accountable for establishing and maintaining documented and verifiable records associated with program requirements to adhere to strict federal protocols and audits.
- Provide the strategic leadership and direction for gas distribution & transmission integrity programs encompassing multiple states, regions & diverse system operating conditions. Responsible for the effective & efficient utilization of resources with emphasis on safety, cost reduction/control, reliability & compliance with regulations. Develops, approves & manages annual & long-term expense & capital financial resource budgets. Develops & recommends regulatory strategy to ensure recovery of capital and expenses of program.
- Responsible for efficient and effective delivery of comprehensive pipeline integrity activities and programs, including risk strategy, assessment strategy, project schedules, overall budget, forecasts and management reports.
- Responsible for managing the gas Integrity Programs for multiple states in accordance with DOT regulations and Company written plan. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of adequate and accurate records/documents. Represent Company during Federal and State compliance audits of programs.
- Provide direction and leadership to assure the services provided satisfy the financial and regulatory compliance needs of the company, regulatory agencies, customers, and shareholders. Applies industry and Xcel Energy best practices, competencies and success factors to establish performance expectations. Assesses complex competitive, technical, political and social issues and develops strategies to achieve results that consider the perspective of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provides for ongoing, effective & clear communication of the organizational vision, mission, key objectives & individual roles to employees and leaders. Responsible for engaging the workforce & provides a stimulating, challenging & rewarding work environment, consistently recognizing high performing employees, providing the appropriate tools and materials to perform the work assigned & ensuring the workforce understands the vision & mission of the organization & how their work contributes to the achievement of goals. Develops & inspires a strong commitment to employee safety, recognition & development. Responsible for succession planning to ensure the area is prepared for the future. Communicates with and establishes effective working relationships with external entities & internal organization outside span of control to maximize efficiency, responsiveness & resource allocation.
- Responsible for obtaining and providing data and discovery responses that support Company strategy in gas rate case filings.
- Responsible for advancing program through identification and adoption of emerging technology and development of specialized skills sets to position the Company successfully for significant changes in the industry related to integrity programs.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years combined experience in engineering, construction, operations, design, and/or project management or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes/regulations including FERC, OSHA, DOT, EPA, PUC/PSC/MNOPS, environmental, land use.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and experience with requirements of distribution and transmission integrity rules (CFR part 192 subpart O and subpart P).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others and to interact simultaneously with diverse work groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Xcel Energy's management and budgeting system and conventions is also required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $136,000.00 to $192,666.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.