Junior Technical Intern (Computer Science) - Denver, CO
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking for a Computer Science Intern to work in our Denver, CO location. Eligible candidates must live near Denver, CO areas to be considered. We are a hybrid work environment and will meet in-person every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the summer at the Lipan Distribution Center, located at 1123 W 3rd Ave, Denver, CO 80223.
Join the Distribution Transportation Strategy & Delivery team to support Xcel Energy and its customers adopting and leveraging new technologies, associated with Electric Vehicles. This team in the Distribution Engineering department are technicians, engineers and leaders responsible for the conceptualization, developing business use cases, and conducting research on EVs and grid preparedness. This intern will work with the Engineering staff to improve project and study analysis through interface programming and data analysis. Use programming skills to help develop new tools to help engineering staff to utilize various data sources. Your role will include learning about plans for technical services implementation, evaluating data sources, leading data incorporation tasks within the team, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering program or accredited university program.
- Undergrad Junior or Senior entering a Graduate Program, or Graduate Student pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering Master's degree.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others.
- Computer Engineer, Computer Science and Data Science Majors highly preferred
- Junior, Senior and Grad students preferred.
- Candidates within commuting distance of Denver preferred.
- Candidates with availability to work full-time in the summer and part-time in the academic year are highly preferred.
- Software Engineering/Program Development, and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and/or experience with Python, libraries like pandas and NumPy, also GitPython preferred.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.40 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.