Engineer Intern-Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Grad students
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Position Summary Work with the Integrated System Planning (ISP) staff to improve project and study analysis through interface programming. Use programming skills to help develop new tools to help ISP staff to improve study work.
· Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering program or accredited university program
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
· Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
· Computer Engineer, Computer Science and Data Science Majors highly preferred
· Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Grad students preferred
· Candidates within commuting distance of Minneapolis or Denver preferred
· Candidates with availability to work full-time in the summer and part-time in the academic year are highly preferred
· Computer experience in Python and knowledge of Microsoft Office products highly
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.70 to $30.10 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.