Senior Rate Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
To provide leadership and utilize expertise in the consolidation, documentation and presentation of the information necessary to develop and improve the process for specific components of jurisdictional cost of service studies, revenue requirement determinations, fuel clause adjustment administration and related projects ensuring consistency and accuracy of results.
- Provide information to Xcel's business units and regulatory management that will assist in the development and implementation of revenue analysis strategies that will meet cost recovery objectives to ensure electric, gas and thermal energy rates are competitive, profitable, and within regulatory guidelines. Analyze other companies' rate filings and results to increase expertise and keep abreast of regulatory matters.
- Consolidate, document, develop and audit specific components necessary to prepare jurisdictional cost of service studies, revenue requirement determinations, fuel clause filings and other related information and schedules. Develop and provide rate-related information and technical support necessary to support a wide variety of miscellaneous regulatory filings.
- Facilitate interveners and Commission staff data request responses and auditing functions on technical issues during general rate filings and other filed petitions, and assist in support required during the hearing process.
- Maintain effective communication between Revenue Analysis unit and other Xcel departments. Provide technical support to other departments concerning revenue analysis information and issues. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to present complex information to a highly diverse group of receivers.
- Work directly with Information Services to assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of the area's various information systems to meet the regulatory information needs of the Company and improve the information process.
- Provide technical assistance to department employees to increase their knowledge and efficiency particularly in the area of information management, processing and reporting, utilizing the latest information processing tools and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Company accounting, budgeting and financial forecasting procedures and systems.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of the Company's cost of service, revenue requirement procedures, and fuel clause adjustment procedures.
- Four years of analyst experience.
- Proficient at database and personal computer analytical and reporting tools.
- Periodic overnight travel required; requires overtime during a rate case filing
- 4-year Bachelor Degree preferred
- Regulatory experience/ regulated utility experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000.00 to $112,999.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.