Lineman Apprentice 4th year or Journeyman - Seminole, TX
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy Distribution Department is looking to fill Apprentice Linemen 4th Year or Journeyman position for our Seminole, TX location.
Position will be responsible for construction, maintenance, and operations. Supports maintenance and emergency repairs of distribution and transmission lines.
4th year Apprentice Level Minimum Requirements
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Class A commercial driver’s license
- Must have successfully taken the EEI CAST Assessment (4th year only)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Lineman Apprentice.
- Must be totally committed to safety, quality work and customer service
- Must be able and willing to respond to after hour and weekend call outs
Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Apprentices are required to attend 4th year apprentice school
- Must be mentally competent, able to communicate and able to comprehend instructions and build on previous experience
- Must exhibit a teamwork attitude and be able to work with others
- Must be of adequate physical stature to lift and maneuver up to 90 lbs. and climb wood poles up to 100' tall
- Perform aerial work in a safety belt in a safe and efficient manner
- Use shovels, sledgehammers, and 90 lbs. jack hammers
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, and groundwork with utility line crew required
- Work in confined areas
- Must pass the federal DOT physical examination
- Must complete all questions in application and upload a resume for consideration
- Must reside 20 miles from the Seminole Service Center
- Xcel Energy is an equal opportunity employer
Journeyman Level Minimum Requirements
- Journeyman must take an Xcel Energy written & practical journeyman test in order to be considered for a journeyman role
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required or 5 years of progressive electric lineman experience
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
All 4th year Apprentice minimum requirements are applicable to the Journeyman level.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $34.60 to $48.18 per hourThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal holidays, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.