Security and Safety Partner
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
This position is responsible for protecting Sleep Numbers people, products, and property at designated Sleep Number supply chain facilities. This role is expected to identify and conduct asset protection related investigations related to inventory control, theft, loss prevention, and missing inventory. The Security and Safety Partner owns and manages all aspects of physical Security for the facility including security equipment and building physical security. They play a leadership role in crisis response, crisis management, and leading site-specific team member safety programs and initiatives.
- Lead safety initiatives and awareness training, safety committee, emergency drills, safety awareness, and safety communications efforts.
- First responder to accidents, emergencies, and/or crisis situations.
- Responsible for ensuring accident investigations are completed by the appropriate leader, are thorough, completed in a timely manner, and properly documented.
- Conduct and document safety audits and enter Hazzard Recognition Cards and incidents into Veeva.
- Review Veeva entries for accuracy, completeness, and share safety trends analysis with Site Leader.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain physical security systems, processes, and contract support for the assigned site including:
- Cameras, Access Control, Alarms, Locks, contract security (if applicable), etc.
- Frequent inspection of the site to ensure proper physical security and safety controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Conduct new team member or Contingent worker orientations, to include building security and safety procedures and expectations.
- Crisis response and management.
- Coordinate with corporate partners to deliver safety and security training as instructed.
Asset Protection Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily audits to improve inventory and order accuracy and reduce loss.
- Proficient in exception reporting, inventory analysis through Power BI, and internal reporting systems.
- Identify and research missing or lost inventory, in partnership with returns/reverse logistics, home delivery, inventory control, transportation, etc.
- Identify and assist with investigations and resolution of losses due to theft and fraud as directed.
Key Performance Indicators
- Inventory control and reduced shortage results (returns, outbound delivery inventory accuracy, mitigation, and resolution of theft cases, etc.).
- Maintaining and improving safety results (frequency, severity) through proper and timely execution of emergency drills, awareness training, accident investigation, safety audits and hazard recognition, etc.
- Maintaining and improving site physical security through security systems use and maintenance, physical tours, visibility, security awareness programs, and training.
- Two+ years’ experience in site security, asset protection, investigations, law enforcement, and safety; warehouse/distribution center experience preferred.
- Some college courses, advanced industry recognized security and/or safety certification or related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experienced in the use and maintenance of security systems (cameras, CCTV, access control, alarms, etc.) and warehouse safety protocols.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Current First Aid, CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Strong partnership skills, including the ability to lead changes through influence and collaboration.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.