Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
To assure quality standards and Customer Expectations are met for sewing, Assembly Distribution Centers, air controls and order fulfillment by performing product and process audits on the shop floor activities to written specifications and ensuring the company procedures are being practiced.
- Perform audits in receiving, manufacturing, assembly, final and fulfillment functions, as required.
- Report non-conformances discovered during work activities and consult with area leaders to take appropriate action to prevent further processing and/or recurrence.
- Verify discrepant materials and product, make use of the Discrepant Material Report (DMR) database where applicable.
- Accurately input data in database and publish reports.
- Assure inspection/audit files contain current engineering drawing revisions and current manufacturing procedures for the functional area.
- Assist in developing corrective and preventive actions to eliminate nonconformance.
- Support development of the Sleep Number quality system.
- Support compliance with the Federal Flame Retardant Standards including ensuring that burn test beds are built and documented correctly, as required.
- Recommend Quality bulletins determined from audit findings and or assist in One Point Lesson training articles.
- Communication of non-conformances as required to the supplier.
- Follow all Company documented procedures including safety work instructions etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- At minimum, a high school diploma, or GED required.
- Must be able to perform a combination of standing and sitting for 8 hours or more per shift.
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending and twisting motions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Exposure to ISO 9001 or other quality management system is a plus.
- Quality Certifications or classes are a plus, or willingness to take related training.
- Must be able to use computer with Excel, Word and other MS Office software platforms.
- Written and verbal skills are required for communicating with the team directly or electronically.
- Must be able to read blue prints, interpret measurements on a ruler within 1/16” measurements.
- Detail oriented with ability to investigate or research non conformances to company specifications.
- May involve extended hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on peak seasons and business needs.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.