Senior Technical Product Manager
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Senior Technical Product Manager (TPM) for Field Inventory & Services - is a product leader with a strong technical background who is responsible for managing one or more technology products that support Sleep Number’s core organizational functions and business operations. The TPM understands the company’s technologies at a deep level and interacts with the business, works very closely with software engineering teams, and collaborates with other technology teams to drive the strategy, execution and delivery of the product.
- Form a deep understanding of how the product works.
- Work closely with the product owner/ product manager to understand the product vision, strategy, and product roadmap. Provide inputs on the feature prioritization from the technology aspect of the product.
- Work on requirements gathering and ensure requirements are fully understood by the engineering team and implementation matches the expectations.
- Provide deep subject matter expertise on technology to drive the product strategy. Understand, research, and follow related technical trends and work closely with Engineering manager/ team to assess and plan how those trends can be utilized and implemented to improve the overall technical architecture and health of the product.
- Collaborate with both internal and external technology partners for API development, analytics, feature rollouts, nationwide/ phased deployments etc.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Coordinate Beta testing and define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- User Story creation, maintain product backlog, groom user stories to get them ready for engineering team and sprint plan them to execute on the product roadmap.
- Apply customer centric, business focused mindset and make recommendations to the product team utilizing the deeper technical understanding of the product.
- Drive/ Improve – technical parts of the product strategy and form close working relationships with development, engineering, infrastructure, and networking teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related experience required.
- Experience in creating user stories, mockups and UI/UX designs.
- Experience with Android mobile application development and lifecycle.
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or other languages like C#, Swift, Python preferred.
- Experience with Power BI to create interactive reports, visualizations, and dashboards preferred.
- Develop, collect, and utilize metrics that drive continuous improvement of products’ effectiveness.
- Possess a strong understanding of information security and risk management principles.
- Strong product management skills, process documentation, experience with application testing, and demonstrated ability to synthesize data.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology required.
- Basic understanding of product flow in supply chain network desired.
- Understanding of Cloud architecture. Familiarity with Azure and/or AWS.
- Knowledge of Field Service operations preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
- Flexible availability required – business needs may require work during non-core business hours.
- Typical office environment, requiring at least 8 hours standing or sitting.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.