Public Health Nurse Clinician (Nurse Manager - Withdrawal Mgmt Program)
- Basic Function
The current vacancy is in the Ramsey County Detoxification & Withdrawal Management Facility. The eligibility list created by this vacancy may be used to hire other vacancies in the department or County.
To supervise the activities of a specific nursing unit; to develop and supervise specialized health programs; to provide direct professional nursing services and consultation to county residents; and to perform related duties as assigned.
The Nurse Manager will direct and manage the administrative function of a Withdrawal Management Program (WMP) unit. Duties will include oversight of all facets of the healthcare operation, fiscal responsibility, and day-to-day management of nursing supervisors. Oversee and review all external contracts to ensure adequate reimbursement for clinical services and adherence to contract requirements. The Withdrawal Nurse Manager is accountable for developing and fostering positive, professional, collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
Please see the attached addendum for additional information:
https://www.ramseycounty.us/sites/default/files/Departments/Human%20Resources%20Dept/PHNC-%20RCWMP%20Nurse%20Manager%20-%20addendum.pdf (Download PDF reader)
You must have a current Minnesota RN license for this assignment. If you do not list your RN license number on your application, it will not be approved.Covid 19All job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. You will be required to show proof of vaccination on or before your first day of employment and complete a form certifying that you are vaccinated. Religious and medical exemptions or reasonable accommodations will be considered upon request as required by applicable law.
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules, i.e. promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list of job descriptions.
- Examples of Work Performed
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Manage a clinical working unit that provides direct nursing and health education services to county residents by hiring, scheduling, evaluating, orienting, and terminating professional, technical and ancillary employees.
- Provide specialized health services to county residents by developing, implementing and supervising a specific clinical unit in an area such as community and clinical based services.
- Provide health education services by planning and conducting training sessions within the agency and the community.
- Recommend implementation of health care programs to the division manager, department head, County Board and funding sources by researching pertinent legislation, health care trends, and community needs; by interpreting results of data collection; identify service delivery strategies and resources; and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ensure staff and program compliance with regulatory standards by keeping abreast of pertinent statutory and policy changes.
- Coordinate services and provide professional nursing consultation to other health care providers and community groups by participating on planning teams, task forces, and in hearings whose goal it is to develop programs responsive to community health care needs.
- Provide direct nursing services to individuals, families and groups by making health assessments, teaching, counseling and administering skilled nursing treatments.
- Assure quality care, cost containment, and appropriate level of service by establishing, monitoring, and evaluating contracts with health care vendors and provide on-site evaluation and consultation to vendor-supplied employees.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this description and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position’s management approved work schedule is required.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
- Minimum Qualifications
Education: Master's Degree in Public Health Nursing or a related discipline.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Public Health Nurse, Nurse Supervisor or equivalent.
Certifications/Licensure: Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse, and depending upon area of assignment, a Public Health Nurse Certificate and valid drivers' license may be required.
Must be eligible for and obtain Minnesota licensure as a Registered Nurse and depending on area of assignment a Minnesota Public Health Nursing Certificate prior to being hired.
Substitution: A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and five years of experience as a Nurse in Public Health, or supervisory position, or equivalent may substitute for the education and experience requirements stated above
- Exam/Screening Process Information