Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship
Metropolitan State University
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
|Classification Title||MSUAASF Range D|
|Working Title||Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship|
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Work Shift||8:00 AM - 4:00PM|
Monday – Friday, some evenings and weekends may be required with occasional local and overnight travel. Hybrid work eligible.
Metro State University, Minnesota’s public, urban university, and four-time recipient of the Insight Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is seeking to hire an Annual Giving and Stewardship Director. This is a full-time, probationary position within the Advancement Division.
|Salary Minimum||See below|
|Salary Maximum||See below|
|Bargaining Unit/Plan||211, MSUAASF|
· Develop and lead work and project plans for large fundraising and donor stewardship projects
· Plan and execute a Phonathon
· Work with other Advancement staff to execute a parallel multi-channel fundraising campaign on social media to coordinate with mail and phone appeals
· Assess new direct marketing opportunities and prioritize within existing workload
· Increase alumni giving to the Metro Fund, scholarships, and programs
· Direct the work of Student Ambassadors to successfully complete student philanthropy program goals
· Build relationships that benefit the university community by representing the university at various functions and events
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
· Bachelor’s degree plus four years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education fundraising, communications, or related field; Master’s degree plus three years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education fundraising, communications, or related field or six years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education fundraising, communications, or related field; or an equivalent combination of postsecondary training, education and/or professional experience
· Experience communicating persuasively to motivate people to respond to a call to action.
· Experience managing projects to deadlines and within a budget.
· Advanced knowledge of trends and best practices in segmented fundraising, communication, or marketing best practices.
· Strong written communications skills for multiple channels (print, email, website, social media).
· Experience creating complex multi-year acquisition, retention, and renewal strategy.
· Ability to understand and articulate the character and mission of Metro State University and the Foundation.
· Familiarity with graphic design principles and experience managing a design process.
· Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising trends and best practices, specifically related to annual giving and donor stewardship
· Experience managing staff and volunteers with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Physical Requirements of the Job: Individual must be able to move around at events, photo/video sessions and have the ability to transport themselves to Metro’s campuses across the Twin Cities. Must be able to lift and move boxes, equipment, photo backdrops, and event materials up to 20 lbs. Ability to sit at a computer workstation for long periods of time, move to other offices and buildings for project planning and consultation.
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
We are the urban, public, comprehensive university in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area where the faculty, staff, and students of Metro State will reflect the area’s rich diversity, build a culturally competent and anti-racist learning community, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to civic engagement.
Metro State University provides an excellent, inclusive, and engaging education to eliminate opportunity gaps and empower our students to lead our communities to a prosperous and equitable future. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters, and applied doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional, and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adult learners. Metro State is a five-time recipient of the Insight into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, most recently in 2021. Federally recognized as a Minority Serving Institution, its employees serve more than 9,000 post-traditional learners, two-thirds of whom identify as belonging to communities of color or American Indian nations, are first in their family to attend college, and/or are eligible for Pell Grants. Since we do not operate residential facilities, Metro State University students all commute to class locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, or take their courses wherever they are through our many distance-learning and hybrid course offerings, allowing Metro State to truly be “where learning meets living.” Metropolitan State is recognized by CollegeNet as a leading higher education promoter of social mobility for students (Ranked # 67 out of 1550 in 2021). Recognized in 2008 and 2016 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching, scholarship, and services designed to support an urban mission. As a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Metro State University actively works to achieve the Equity 2030 goal of the system, with initiatives to close disparities among student groups that focus on academic programs, policies and procedures, and effective student support. In addition, equity and anti-racism strategies are focused on building an inclusive and welcoming campus climate, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and developing our capacity to serve students in a culturally responsive manner. The university is guided by a strategic plan with a theme of “Building a Resilient, Student Ready University.”
Visit the Metro State University website to learn more about the university, our programs, and our students.
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.metrostate.edu/students/support/safety
The School/Academic Department: The University Advancement Division provides development services and support to Metropolitan State University. In addition to development and alumni relations the division also includes the Metropolitan State University Foundation, which plans and executes multi-dimensional fundraising campaigns with corporate, foundation, alumni and individual donor constituencies. The Foundation is supported by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
Salary: This is a Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) Range D position with a salary range of $51,978 (minimum) to $95,976 (maximum). Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the collective bargaining agreement between Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State) and the MSUAASF organization.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the MSUAASF which can be found at: https://www.msuaasf.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2021-2023-Final-MSUAASF-Contract.pdf