Assistant Professor in Supply Chain_Fixed Term
Metropolitan State University
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
|Classification Title||State University Faculty|
|Working Title||Assistant Professor in Supply Chain_Fixed Term|
|Division||Academic Affairs 2|
|Unit||Marketing, Supply Chain Operations and Int'l Business|
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
Metro State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor for AY 23/24 fixed-term 9-month appointment. This position is within the Marketing, Supply Chain Operations, and International Business Department housed within the College of Management and will start on August 14, 2023.
|Salary Minimum||See below|
|Salary Maximum||See below|
|Bargaining Unit/Plan||209, IFO|
· Faculty members are expected to demonstrate ability to teach courses in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, and Project Management at the doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate levels.
· Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement
· Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study
· Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
· Engage in service to the university and community.
· Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
· Deliver courses via multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, online, and hyflex), varying times (daytime and evening), and at multiple locations.
· Earned Ph. D. or DBA (from an AACSB, ACBSP, or equivalently accredited school) in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management, with a logistics / distribution emphasis, by the time of appointment.
· Demonstrated ability to teach at the post-secondary level, in supply chain management, operations management, or project management.
· Ability to teach courses incorporating appropriate software such as Excel, or SAP, etc.
· Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
· Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse workforce.
· One year of online teaching experience in supply chain management, operations management, or project management
· Outstanding/Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups
· Candidates with certifications such as PMP, CPIM, CSCP, and SCPro
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
We are the urban, public, comprehensive university in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area where the faculty, staff and students of Metropolitan State will reflect the area’s rich diversity, build a culturally competent and anti-racist learning community, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to civic engagement.
Metro State University provides an excellent, inclusive, and engaging education to eliminate opportunity gaps and empower our students to lead our communities to a prosperous and equitable future. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters, and applied doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional, and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adult learners. Metro State is a five-time recipient of the Insight into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, most recently in 2021. Federally recognized as a Minority Serving Institution, its employees serve more than 9,000 post-traditional learners, two-thirds of whom identify as belonging to communities of color or American Indian nations, are first in their family to attend college, and/or are eligible for Pell Grants. Since we do not operate residential facilities, Metro State University students all commute to class locations across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, or take their courses wherever they are through our many distance-learning and hybrid course offerings, allowing Metro State to truly be “where learning meets living.” Metropolitan State is recognized by CollegeNet as a leading higher education promoter of social mobility for students (Ranked # 67 out of 1550 in 2021). Recognized in 2008 and 2016 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching, scholarship, and services designed to support an urban mission. As a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Metro State University actively works to achieve the Equity 2030 goal of the system, with initiatives to close disparities among student groups that focus on academic programs, policies and procedures, and effective student support. In addition, equity and anti-racism strategies are focused on building an inclusive and welcoming campus climate, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and developing our capacity to serve students in a culturally responsive manner. The university is guided by a strategic plan with a theme of “Building a Resilient, Student Ready University.”
Metropolitan State University has responded to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic by offering nearly all of its courses in a fully online format for the 2020-2021 academic year, limiting any in-person instruction to courses for which in-person learning is essential for students to achieve the learning outcomes. The Fall 2021 semester adds in-person offerings but includes more online or remote courses than typically offered before the beginning of the pandemic. We anticipate that Spring 2022 will also expand in-person offerings to more of our “normal” offerings. Students can fully access student support services and library support either in-person or online. The search for these position(s) will include in-person finalist interviews; however, candidates can request remote interviews conducted using web conferencing technology.
Visit the Metropolitan State University website to learn more about us, our programs, and our students. Learn more about Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at their website.
The School/Academic Department: Together, the three major curricular disciplines in this department – Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Operations, and International Business – represent a significant part of an organization’s daily operations. Separately, each of these three disciplines focuses on a unique set of skills and knowledge that are critical in today’s business environment. Whether pursing a degree in marketing, in supply chain and operations, or in international business, our graduates are prepared to create value in any industry from manufacturing and retail to advertising and marketing agencies, or to global business entities of every type.
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.metrostate.edu/students/support/safety
Please note: Filling of this position is dependent upon budget.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement.
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: IFO Contract
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org