India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Technology at General Mills accelerates process transformation and business growth around the globe. Our Global Business Solutions team uses leading edge technology, innovative thinking and agile processes.
This role demands that the individual must be master of the language grammar, and be very familiar with how to structure, design, implementation, and testing of the project based on one or more languages
In this role developer would be working along with the global teams in developing business solutions. Individual should be expert in multiple technology stack, hands-on, design and write scalable applications. Individual should be able to work independently on large projects.
Individual should be able to grow and inspire the team's technical skills and keep up with the technological paradigm shift
10 % of Time
• Collaborate with internal teams / Solution Architects to produce software design and architecture
• Work with a cross-functional team including analyst, PMs, and business stakeholders in business value driven projects
• Learn & work on POC's of trending technology along with Application / Solution Architects
• Be part of third-party Product / Tools Evaluation team
65 % of Time
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Ensures the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
• Ensure quality assurance
• Writes both unit and integration tests, and develops automation tools for daily tasks
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Should able to identify, categorize, parse out, articulate and fix problems that occur in applications
• Ensure smooth deployment and post-deployment support
• Should understand security protocols that protect users from external threats, and stay on the cutting edge of the changing field of technology and cybersecurity
• Should understand concept of iterative development and leverage DevOps tools for CI & CD
• Form strong working relationships with your peers and across the IT organization
• Mentoring and educating less experienced team members in related technologies using methods such as informal training, pair programming etc
• Project Participation
o Contribution to the creation of project plan
o Requirement Analysis
o Task level Estimation
o Technical Design review
o Coding & Unit Testing
o Performance optimization
o Code review
25 % of Time
• Aware of organizational strategy
• Early adoption of trending technologies
• Proactive communication/soft skills
• Lead in different initiatives (Knowledge sharing, Reading Groups, Dev forums etc.)
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: Computer Science
Minimum years of related experience required: 7+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 8- 11 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Domain Expertise
o Deep knowledge of OOPS, C#, ASP.Net, Python and RESTful API services.
o Knowledge of DevOps (Containerization / Jenkins Pipeline, etc.)
o Ability to write effective unit, integration, end-user automation tests and Understand Performance issue
o Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle / MongoDB, SQL Server, etc.)
o Experience on cloud related technologies (GCP / Azure)
o Proficient in multiple stack of technologies / systems / tools and focus on building depth and breadth of skills.
o Demonstrate the ability to build a work plan or parts of a work plan, as applicable for role
o Have implemented small projects or contributed to the implementation of a medium/large project, as applicable.
o Expand knowledge of, and ability to apply, IT technical standards by assisting in their formation and revision
o Start to be a go-to resource for the team or business group
o Demonstrate initiative and ownership by proactively resolving issues and taking on multiple tasks
• Agile/Digital Experience
o Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
Technical Skill Set:
Containers, GIT, Jenkins,
GCP / Azure
Oracle / Mongo DB, SQL, MySQL, SSIS
Data / Integration App
Good to Have
Python / Spark / Scala, Hadoop
Note: * Developer is not expected to know all the above-mentioned technologies, they need to be proficient in multiple technology stacks.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Individual Skills
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
• Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
• Mindset & Behaviors
• Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
• Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
• Creating a positive environment within the team
• Strong team player and be a technical lead for the team.
• Challenge the status quo
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.