As a key member of the Technology Innovation and Advantage (TI&A) Controls and Information Systems (CIS) team, this role will provide technical leadership and development of advanced controls and information systems that drive business value in the manufacturing space. The role requires in depth knowledge of automated control systems, accessibility of manufacturing data, warehouse/building management systems. The position will be a key player in maintaining and developing controls solutions globally with a focus on supporting the Pet segment.
- Lead with human and food safety
- Provide control system design guidance on new automated solutions that will be successful within the Pet manufacturing sites
- Own design standards based on areas of expertise such as motion drives and controllers, batching management systems, edge devices, warehouse/building management systems, visualization software etc. as applicable to Pet technologies (such as Ignition and FactoryTalk ViewSE)
- Partner with other TI&A groups, Digital and Technology, Manufacturing Insights & Capabilities (MIC), Asset Care & Reliability, Capital Planning & Execution, and plants to develop technological solutions to solve business problems and data integration capabilities
- Provide technical support for areas of expertise such as motion drives and controllers, batching management systems, edge devices, warehouse/building management systems, visualization software etc.
- Provide leadership to develop standards around new technologies for areas of expertise such as motion drives and controllers, batching management systems, edge devices, warehouse/building management systems, visualization software etc.
- Ensure solutions fit soundly into the CIS Reference Architecture for data and cybersecurity needs
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to drive Engineering standards and best approaches at a NAR/PET level
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for initiatives in areas of expertise such as motion drives and controllers, batching management systems, edge devices, warehouse/building management systems, visualization software etc.
- Develop and deliver technical training for various levels of the organization and serve as a resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related degree with applicable experience or extensive relevant work experience
- 7+ years related work experience
- Demonstrates technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, and trouble-shooting abilities
- Demonstrates ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions.
- Demonstrates high learning agility.
- Understanding of database technologies such as Oracle, SQL, Postgres.
- Hardware application, programming, and integration experience with the following:
- Wonderware Intouch and System Platform OR Ignition (preferred) and FactoryTalk ViewSE
- AB (Allen Bradley) Control Logix, PLC5, SLC; Panelview Plus’, and RSLinx
- AB and Indramat Servo Controllers
- Serial, RIO, DH+, Ethernet, and DeviceNet Communications
- Knowledge of computers, servers, and Windows Operating Systems
- VFDs (Rockwell Preferred)
- Controls instrumentation including: Load Cells; Metering Feeders; Control Valves, Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Position, Presence devices and other common field devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s at the code level and troubleshoot equipment and wiring.
- Demonstrated capability in executing several concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, learning agility, technical curiosity, business savvy, analytical and problem-solving, decision making, broad perspective, equipment expertise, communications skills, collaboration, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of and experience with power distribution and associated equipment (Low and Medium Voltage is preferred).
- This role is open to remote candidates located in the United States, with a preference for Minneapolis-based candidates.
- Occasional travel to the Minnesota headquarters may be required.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $104700.00 - $157100.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.