HR Coordinator- Joplin Plant:
The HR Coordinator is responsible for leading the deployment of key HR initiatives and candidates should have considerable knowledge of General Mills Human Resource principles and practices, including but not limited to Talent Management, Compensation, Learning & Development, Data Insights and Project Management.
- Provide leadership and ownership of all compensation processes for the Plant.
- Process and administer annual compensation changes, non-standard payments and employee reward/incentive payments.
- Support internal job bidding process by maintaining required documentation.
- Support local hiring processes for wage positions, including recruiting efforts, job posting, assessments, interview set-up, offers, contingencies, orientation, and applicant flow tracking.
- Support employee orientation
- Support annual HR processes including Affirmative Action Planning, Benefits Open Enrollment, Data Validation, Engagement Survey Administration, and other initiatives.
- Maintain employee personnel files and documentation in compliance with Global Internal Audit standards.
- Provide day-to-day HR customer service to all plant employees, including researching and resolving questions or issues.
- Provide support to Plant HR Team
- Manage and support employee retirement prep/celebrations, separations, checklists, and unemployment claim administration.
- Provide leadership for HR process improvements.
- Coordinate/plan important meetings and meals
- Support other duties, plant and function initiatives as needed.
Data Insights (20%):
- Partner with HR team to analytics team to leverage data scorecards and reports to enable insights and identify trends (turnover, exit interview trends, promotions, diversity, etc.), as well as support workforce planning efforts.
- Work as a partner with the HR team to maintain & track key metrics across all functions within location.
Business Partner and Project Responsibilities (20%):
- HR Business Partner for functional client groups
Project lead for change management initiatives
- Partner with HR Manager and leadership in strategy development & execution
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in any HR or Business highly preferred
- 1 year of Human Resources experience required, 5+ years preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft based applications (Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access), Visio, and SharePoint; with a willingness to learn and master other software programs as needed
- Ability to drive results in a highly ambiguous and constantly changing environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills – ability to prepare and analyze HR reports, translate data into recommendations and take appropriate action to achieve desired business results
- Ability to lead and manage projects independently
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $54500.00 - $75100.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.