India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: Regular (with Weekend On Call)
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Technical Specialist - EAPPS
• The candidate has to work as an individual contributor.
• The individual should also have work experience in the latest offerings like cloud migration, cloud deployment, SAAS, PAAS, Terraform, GitHub, cloud monitoring tools.
• The candidate should be able to work on various business processes IIS, Apache, Tomcat, webLogic, Windows and linux operating systems.
• It is expected to implement defined application architecture and support a large catalog of General Mills global business applications.
• The candidate should be able to provide strong technical skills in a global application support team implementing a robust infrastructure, troubleshooting installations, and addressing application performance issues.
• The Individual should be having good understanding of best practices and should be able to help the team in maintaining the same.
• The individual should also have some basic work experience of the latest offerings in application server, web server & infrastructure area.
• Individual should be able to convert functional requirement into technical specification and implement solutions
• The individual should be able to work on process improvements for the team independently
Ensure availability & good performance of system
- Act as a subject matter expert for other team members and keep the light on
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical and performance problems in third party application and the systems that integrate with.
- Co-ordinate with vendors to resolve any issue
- Proactively tune the system to meet business requirement
Apply periodic upgrade & patches
- Apply periodic patch policy on all third party application & it’s integrated environment
- Form a process and technical document after taking consensus from global team
- Work with functional teams and the architecture team to determine best practices for future and enterprise applications
- Coordinate with other teams for downtime
- Troubleshoot the problems due to upgrade/patch & also form a process to prevent it in future
Guide team members & provide help to cross team members
- Guide team members by providing valuable inputs & also by making them understand the need of change
- Act as a subject matter expert to solve critical issue & document the same
- Work on innovation and automation to reduce mundane work
- Work on better implementation and administration plan on critical tools
Innovation and Automation
- Continuous Improvement of team processes
- Providing end user self-service solutions
- Automation of repetitive processes
- Monitoring and reporting of key infrastructure components
- Reduce on-call tasks and requests by proactively targeting problem areas
- Monitoring Industry Trends
- Drive Platform Consultancy Spheres Initiative
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Candidate should have overall work experience of 4+ yrs with exposure to global team.
• Individual should have working experience on IIS, Apache, Tomcat, webLogic, Windows and linux operating systems.
• Working experience on any CLOUD technology is must (cloud migration, cloud deployment, SAAS, PAAS, Terraform, GitHub, cloud monitoring tools)
• Working experience on Python and Terraform scripting is must
• Knowledge of current version of MS Windows and Linux Server configuration and hardening
• Strong understanding of Networking protocols, topography, firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP & Ports
• Experience with captures tools such as Netmon and Wireshark
• Experience with traffic load balancers such as F5’s
• Knowledge of configuration of database technologies like Oracle, SQL, MySQL, PostgresSQL, Mongo etc.
• Ability to drive and manage projects to completion.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Good to have skills
- Takes accountability for delivering on personal commitments.
- Learns from successes and failures to improve solutions
- Prioritizes ones work and goes above and beyond what is expected to deliver superior results.
- Courageously asks questions and challenge the traditional way of working
- Asks questions to understand reality, displays urgency even in the absence of assigned deadlines;
- Welcomes and leverages perspectives gained internally and externally
- Respects and supports people with a wide range of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
- Acts with integrity and does the right thing all the time
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.