Come join the team at the center of building an industry-disrupting performance marketing engine for General Mills, powered by data and experimentation!
We are seeking an experienced digital media strategist to fill the role of Associate Manager on the Performance Marketing team in the Snacks Operating Unit. In this role, you’ll work with a cross-functional team to shape, enable, execute, and optimize media plans across a range of brands like Nature Valley and Totino’s that deliver on the brand’s sales and learning objectives. You will learn to operate in an agile and iterative process with accountability to drive specific KPI’s and measurable outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a strong growth mindset who is looking for their next challenge!
- Performance Media Plan Development, Execution & Optimization
- Develop Performance Marketing strategies for brands based on media best practices, performance, and insights to solve specific consumer problems and drive immediate business results
- Leads execution of work with media agencies, creative partners, social & programmatic platforms, business unit teams & cross functional partners – to build and execute digital media campaigns
- Monitors & Identifies media driven optimization opportunities and testing hypotheses based on Datorama & agency reporting. Directs national media agency on in-platform performance media execution and optimization.
- Define, size, and prioritize data-driven audiences based on media addressability in-platform using 1P, 2P & 3P data via DMP, DSP and social platforms for agency activation
- Create and optimize shoppable media experiences
- Testing, Analytics and New Capability Development & Deployment
- Lead experience planning and execution including idea and content development across digital touchpoints for rapid test-and-learn pilots and new capability deployment
- Translate digital plan elements into requirements and timelines, communicate needs and track progress of deliverables
- Monitor plan results against KPI’s and oversee optimizations to enhance outcomes
- Oversee and track test specific budgets. Leverage internal tools to setup purchase orders and execute billing
- Share information and learning across extended Performance Marketing team
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, or related field
- 5+ years digital marketing experience at an agency or consumer-focused marketing organization
- Understanding of digital media, including media planning and activation, ad serving and tracking tools, tag management systems, reporting and analytics
- Exposure to data segmentation and targeting
- Effective cross-functional collaboration and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience managing agency and third-party relationships
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Should thrive in scenarios with high expectations, ambiguity, and many stakeholders
- Hands on experience with data segmentation and targeting
- Hand on keyboard media activation experience
- Passion for digital thinking, innovation, and ideation
- Agile marketing experience a plus
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $90100.00 - $150300.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.