Our Geneva, IL Plant is our newest addition to our General Mills North America plant network. To increase capacity and keep pace with the growing consumer demand for the products, General Mills is making a significant investment to expand capacity for our beloved Fruit brands. We will continue making Betty Crocker desserts at the plant as we transition operational ownership from our external supply chain to General Mills in early 2024. After integration of the current workforce, and start up of Fruit, the plant will have 350-400 employees with just under 500,000 sq ft of production and warehouse space.
The Maintenance Planner is an individual contributor who collaborates closely with the Maintenance Team. The Planner demonstrates strong technical knowledge in maintenance crafts, equipment design and function, manufacturing requirements, CMMS, and project management. The Planner contributes to the business objectives of optimizing equipment availability and Maintenance department productivity by ensuring work is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Plans parts, tools and labor for all maintenance work order types including human safety, food safety, corrective maintenance, and preventative maintenance (PM)
- Initiates purchase requisitions for materials, equipment, and services
- Collaborates with Line Teams, Maintenance, and Engineering to schedule work via Maximo
- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling (MPS) tool owner for the site; provides expertise and training
- Leads use of our CMMS (Maximo) and drives accuracy/standardization of assets, job plans, and PMs as part of the Equipment Care Strategy; provides Maximo expertise and training
- Executes continuous improvement of job plans through actual vs. scheduled labor and parts
- Identifies labor efficiencies and cost saving opportunities via processes such as job plan sequencing and PM standardization
- Partners with Engineering on capital projects, with a focus on asset and spare part set-up
- Partners with Purchasing and the Storeroom to ensure spare part information is accurate
- Collaborates with external vendors and contractors
- Partners with Maintenance Leads to develop and coach wage Maintenance team
- Assigns daily wage staffing and OT; owns wage schedule and hours sheet
- Back-up for Purchasing Manager
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in maintenance fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, electronic, listening and feedback communications
- Knowledge of maintenance crafts, tools, and equipment
- Learning agility and desire to grow expertise in maintenance principles
- Computer skills and ability to learn and master Maximo
- Process leadership to create and follow standards
- Critical thinking skills to evaluate options and proposals
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.