India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Consultant –Finance Operations
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the Global Digital Transformation initiative at General Mills in capacity of a Consultant. This role will report into Manager – Finance Operations (Enterprise Functions) in India and functionally collaborate with global Enterprise Functions Team. It is an Individual contributor role. In this role, you will be supporting the existing applications within Finance Operations area across Global Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Audit & Internal Controls and also be part of implementation projects for our Finance business partners.
• Support Global Finance functions such as Global Accounting Organisation, Tax, Treasury, Audit & Internal Controls, Financial/Global Shared Services.
• Be part of projects and initiatives related to Finance applications in above finance functions.
• Design, Build & Deliver solutions to the business problems.
• Understand technology trends, innovative solutions, and prototyping.
• Define, Design, Maintain and Govern: Business, Data, Application and Technology.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Minimum 2 Implementation & Support experience of 8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of SAP Finance & Controlling, mainly in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Asset Accounting, Bank Management, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis & SAP Project Systems.
• Should have excellent configuration skills in above areas of SAP FICO.
• Should have deep understanding on P2P, OTC, RTR processes.
• Should have excellent understanding of accounting integration with above processes.
• Should have experience of SAP FICO Module integration with other peripheral SAP systems (BW, BPC) & 3rd Party Applications.
• S4 Hana experience is desirable.
• Should be open to work on Non-SAP Finance Applications.
• Responsible for Designing, building, and deploying SAP-based ERP solutions & non-SAP based Finance applications and leading analysis and design in these areas.
• Should be familiar with Project Implementation methodology (Waterfall/Agile).
• Ensuring stabilization of the solution and continuous improvements.
• Act as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software related issues.
• Lead end to end delivery of enhancements for business users based on requirements.
• Partner with Finance stakeholders to design new work processes and implement the same.
• Should have worked on Process Automation initiatives.
• Should have excellent communication skills – verbal & written
Good to have skills
• SAP FICO Certification
• Experience in SAP-FSCM modules
• Understanding of CPG industry
• CA / Masters /MBA from Tier 1 institute
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.