The Blue Buffalo E-Commerce Herd is excited to welcome a Customer Account Lead (CAL II) who is passionate about the eComm space and energized by working with Blue Buffalo’s largest customer, Chewy, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role will own the development and execution of plans across several business segments including Cat Feeding & Treating, Dog Treating and Natural Vet Diets. Strong candidates will demonstrate the ability to influence the customer and Segment, possess strong analytical & financial acumen while operating with high learning agility & a growth mindset.
Primary responsibilities will include understanding the needs of the customer and linking them to Blue’s Business Strategies. This role is ultimately accountable for delivering Gross & Net Sales growth within an authorized trade budget while also developing and executing competitive plans to convert more HHs to Blue Buffalo.
SELLING EXPERTISE & LEADERSHIP
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships with Chewy, with direct accountability for Cat Feeding/Treating, Dog Treating and Vet businesses
- Understand customer interests and link them to BLUE Plan Makers, establishing joint business goals that deliver on organizational expectations related to business priorities & financial goals
- Collaborate with Shopper Marketing, Content Management & CMI teams to develop and execute customer centric marketing campaigns
- Own results & strengthen internal/external partnerships while deeply understanding the customer & consumer to deliver market leading plans & innovative solutions
- Collaborate with marketing & content management team to ensure Blue Buffalo shows up brilliantly online
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to optimize assortment & future product offerings to deliver improved profitability
- Manage all elements of Blue Planner for Chewy, reflecting accurate planning & spending information
PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYTICS
- Leverage all segment, customer & agency data to create insight to inform plans, deliver outstanding results & influence outcomes
- Asks brilliant questions, engages enterprise-wide resources to develop unique solutions to address business challenges
- Lead tactical execution of business with vendor manager and Field Selling Assistant relating to new item set-up/conversion/disco/promo contracts, item availability, content management, etc
- Passion for Pets!
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience in sales, account management, category management, analytical and/or Trade experience
- Successful demonstration of analytical skills using various data sources (e.g., Nielsen, IRI, trade funding & sales data)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint) & syndicated data
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, operate with a growth mindset, collaborative, strong communicator & learning agility
- E-Commerce/Pure Play Experience
- Prior experience managing customer accounts & working cross-functionally to deliver objectives & goals
- Possess the talent to interface directly and effectively with all levels within the organization
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $77900.00 - $117000.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.