India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
The Commercial Execution team is seeking a technical developer to join the team in support of our customer data and category management platforms. The role would be responsible for providing support for enhancements of our customer developed websites, integrations to third-party vendor applications, and support data modelling and data mining for our customer base and create internal capabilities and reporting from multiple databases. To achieve this, the analyst would build partnerships and work directly with the business and cross functional partners, including Technology and Strategy resources, to gather requirements, determine technical deliverable estimates, and problem solve support issues.
The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, solid business acumen, and be able to work and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
• Accountable for learning third party applications, internal reporting, system and business process, rules, and logic, as well as developing knowledge of system data architecture
• Work directly with the business to gather detailed business requirements and apply sound technical solutions to build and test functional specifications and implement and maintain reporting and functionality.
• Provide timely, personal, and efficient response to user problems and inquiries.
• Work within agile product team to develop user stories and tasks within the analyst's workstream.
• Apply Agile Methodology to deploy change requirements via preferred methods accounting for priorities, time, and resources.
• Perform data quality checks and clearly communicate to business teams existing problems with proposed solutions and timing.
• Analyzing data sources to determine how to connect them in our big data environment.
• Own documentation, troubleshooting, support, and coordination with team
• Serve as the day-to-day contact for the team on clarification of requirements and drive user stories.
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Required development 5+ years of experience with .Net technologies (C#)
• Experience working with .NET with SQL Server in cloud / GCP
• Experience working with databases and writing SQL queries.
• Strong experience in exploring and analysing large data sets using Excel and SQL to understand patterns, structures, and definition.
• Hands on experience working with SQL.
• Nice to have tableau development experience.
• Demonstrated ability to analyse, design, program, test, support, and implement information systems.
• Solid technical aptitude
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and identify problem trends.
• Strong communication skills- verbal and written with ability to present complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story.
• Self-managing, results-oriented, and capable of leading multiple initiatives simultaneously through rigorous prioritization
• Vendor management experience
• Experience gathering and documenting technical business requirements.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and support systems, as well as partner with technical team to design and implement.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent academics
• Bachelor’s degree(Full Time) in computer science/Electronics/Electrical from Tier 1 institute
Good to have skills
• Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Business Objects
• Agile Scrum master certification
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.