A role at the Hannibal Plant provides the opportunity to work in a large, multiplatform facility with a reputation for leveraging CI tools, developing and empowering team members and embracing and leading change. The Hannibal plant manufactures products for Progresso, Nature Valley, Old El Paso, and Betty Crocker brands among others. The Hannibal Plant has over 1000 employees.
Quality Engineers work closely with the operations team to provide quality, food safety, regulatory, and sanitation leadership in order to deliver excellence in consumer safety and satisfaction. Quality engineers must lead, motivate, and train employees to drive losses out of our systems to achieve production results while ensuring compliance with quality, food safety, and regulatory requirements.
This position will have primary accountability for the Annex building which produces Tortillas and Seasonings for Old El Paso, Betty Crocker Potatoes, and the Eagle Foods Main Meal Side Dish Divestiture. There will also be additional FSRM program leadership opportunities to support broadly across the plant.
- Provide FSQ leadership and direction through technical mastery in the areas of regulatory compliance, sanitation, materials/packaging, defect handling, and FSRA.
- Provide functional leadership as a member of a department leadership team.
- Provide leadership and technical support for R&D, HMM, reformulations, and new product start-ups.
- Provide leadership in the identification and implementation of product and process quality improvement opportunities and resultant productivity gains.
- Provide risk assessment analysis and manage issues with non-conforming product to ensure proper control, minimize losses, and provide analysis to eliminate future occurrences.
- Develop action plans with Operations, R&D, Engineering, and FSQ teams to ensure product specifications, analytical procedures, and sampling programs are appropriate and meet system capability and key consumer requirements.
- Using quality engineering principles, collect, analyze and interpret in-process and analytical data to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement.
- Provide leadership for sanitation excellence.
- Provide training in the areas of food science, applied statistics, regulatory requirements, sanitation, and quality measurement systems. Review plans for new and changing systems and ensure effective product safety and sanitary design.
- Ensure the department meets all GMP/Regulatory, Sanitation, and Product Safety Guidelines.
- Provide technical expertise to drive root cause to problem areas.
- 2 or more years of relevant quality experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage through influence and work effectively with a variety of people, teams, and departments
- Demonstrated results-orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities
- Ability to be flexible with work hours, shifting priorities, and ambiguity
- Communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written)
- Proactive in addressing issues and seeking improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, including complexities of products, machinery, and costs
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to train and develop others individually and in teams
- Proven leadership ability
- Knowledge of product protection and quality engineering principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry - Biology, Engineering - Chemical , Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - Foods, Engineering - Packaging, Environmental Sciences, or Food Science
- 3+ years experience
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.