Pillsbury believes what matters most is made at home. Therefore, we exist to help families make more homemade memories. Pillsbury is the largest brand in NAR and growing – come join the Pillsbury R&D team as we look to be a part of the next generation of American families baking memories!
As an R&D Scientist/Engineer II on the Pillsbury Cost Savings Pipeline team, you will have the opportunity to lead Cost Savings initiatives for Pillsbury Refrigerated/Frozen Baked Goods (as well as Annie’s N&O RBG) portfolio as part of the Meals & Baking Solutions platform. You will help develop Cost Savings strategies, vet opportunities, lead ideations, and build our future HMM pipelines to enable the Pillsbury business to continue winning in the marketplace. Responsibilities include execution of key initiatives including product formulation, process improvement, and scale-up from concept to commercialization.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to impact our products and consumers by leveraging your strong technical skills, collaboration, and a consumer-first mindset to develop technical solutions to remove waste while still delivering remarkable products to Pillsbury’s consumers. You will collaborate with internal cross-functional partners, such as sourcing and the Murfreesboro, Joplin, and Chanhassen plants, as well as external business partners such as vendors to assess opportunities and develop product and process solutions.
The right candidate for this role will leverage strong technical problem-solving skills, business acumen, and project management skills to continuously improve existing products and processes and develop new formulas and processes. The projects you manage in this role will provide you with technical depth and breadth, as well as cross-functional leadership opportunities.
Also in this role, you will gain experience working on technology-driven product platforms, and you’ll be empowered to act boldly and move quickly as you join a team with a high bias for action and a solid track record of delivering strong results.
- Cost Savings strategy and pipeline development; lead idea generation and assessment
- Identify new ways to uncover ideas, new opportunities, and create advantaged connections
- Drive connection across other Pillsbury application teams
- Product development, process development, formulation, consumer testing
- Lead and execute multiple projects from concept through commercialization (bench top, pilot plant, manufacturing plant scale)
- Manage and lead technically complex projects: create technical plans, timelines, risk assessments, and mitigation plans; identify opportunities by challenging formulation and processing assumptions
- Collaborate with Food Safety & Quality (FSQ), Product Guidance & Insights (PGI), Operations, Marketing, Sourcing, Consumer Insights, and plants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in product development or an applied science
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Formulation experience
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Cost Savings pipeline Experience
- Experience in Refrigerated Dough and/or associated ingredients and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead large-scale, technically-driven projects from concept to commercialization
- 3+ years of experience in product development
- Strong technical leadership and strategic thinking
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influence skills
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $67300.00 - $101200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.