We’re passionate about food and driven by data.
Do you want to impact our future through data, analytics and innovative technology? Do you thrive on leading big initiatives and bringing them to life? Bring your passion, expertise and problem-solving skills to the table and make an impact.
General Mills is reshaping the future, and technology & data play an important role for us. Your analytical expertise will help us get the right insights and solutions at the right time, every time. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates across the globe with more than 100 recognizable consumer brands, including: Cheerios, LÄRABAR, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Totino’s, Epic Provisions and Blue Buffalo.
The Data Insights & Visualization team delivers innovation and BI tools to global business functions across General Mills. This centralized team creates all enterprise-wide dashboard products for GMI. In this role, you will work directly with key business partners, international colleagues, data science, vendors and more to design and develop sustainable solutions, and insights that fuel our business growth.
Lead Enterprise-Wide Reporting Initiatives
- Lead and consult on enterprise, segment and functional reporting efforts
- Proficient dashboard creator with a strong command of Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.
- Transform business processes by working across teams and functions to generate insights for business teams
- Consult and partner with leadership to develop sound communications and change management plans
- Organize and lead design, code & process review sessions to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and performance guidelines
- Gather reporting needs, shape the concept model, and design data flow
- Develop technical architectures and prototypes for solutions (dashboards, portal pages, metrics, etc.) through coordination with enterprise architect teams
- Partner with product teams to troubleshoot technical and performance issues in GCP
- Direct all communication of design and data architecture to development teams
- Organize and lead design reviews with stakeholders to ensure business needs are met
- Collaborate with product teams to exchange best practices and prevent redundant work.
Client Relationship Management
- Play the role of ‘translator’ by effectively dissecting business challenges into impactful dashboard designs and technical builds
- Develop the technology and capability roadmap with senior business leaders
- Manage the creation and alignment of client Service Level Agreements
- Coordinate triage efforts, resolve client issues and system improvements
- Reconcile all project work, feedback and identified opportunities with clients
Business Development & Operations
- Evaluate, implement and oversee business deployment of emerging reporting tech (e.g. portal technology, new BI tools, other emerging technologies)
- Develop and ensure documentation of reporting best practices
- Manage project prioritization sessions with IT and Solutions partners
- Identify and lead improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate cross-functional synergies into the delivery process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics or a related subject area or applicable experience
- 5+ years experience working directly with business clients and designing analytical solutions for them
- Strong communication skills, capable of translating business requests into technical requirements and articulating the pros and cons of different technologies, platforms, design and architectural options
- Understanding of UX design and implementation, guided analytics, decision support frameworks, and data product management best practices
- Proficient in data and analytics tools and concepts, including dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing and both structured and unstructured data
- Strong understanding of database development using Google Big Query, Oracle, SQL Server, SAP BW or SAP HANA
- Extensive experience in creating interactive and insightful dashboards using Tableau or other visualization tools (Domo, Looker, PowerBI, Microstrategy, R Shiny, Qlik Sense, Business Objects, etc.)
- Proficient at influencing without authority, skilled at advising and negotiating with business leaders to develop high value solutions
- Experience in providing analytical advisory to business partners, prioritizing solutions over task lists
- Demonstrates strong delegation and prioritization skills
- Consultant mindset - able to challenge with courage and influence upwards and with peers
- We are open to 100% remote candidates with occasional travel based on business needs.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $90100.00 - $150300.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.