In this role, you will manage all aspects of the strategic sourcing process for the Natural & Organic Grains (corn, wheat etc.), Oils, and Sweeteners. You are responsible for partnering with your business stakeholder in the Natural and Organic Business Unit (NOBU) to drive sourcing strategies and deliver value while effectively managing supply relationship responsibilities, ensuring supply continuity and deliver against GMI Sustainability goals.
- Provide business strategy and requirements for category strategies and lead implementation
- Develop Sourcing strategies that encompass supply security and risk management for the short, medium, and long term
- Represent category and sourcing priorities with cross-functional partners and the operating unit
- Develop negotiation, cost management and contracting strategies to achieve business goals
- Engage with key stakeholder teams for categories assigned to the role
- Comply with corporate and regulatory policies and accounting practices
- Learn and leverage continuous improvement tools and processes
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of Sourcing or related experience
- Business processes and systems experience
- Commodity and/or ingredient buying experience required
- Experience leading and partnering with cross-functional teams to drive business results
- Strong strategy development, influence, and execution
- Strong executive communication and interpersonal effectiveness
- Expertise in contract development and complex negotiations
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Economics
- Project Management
- Business and functional expertise
- 10-15% travel required
- We are open to 100% remote candidates with travel based on business needs.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $104700.00 - $157200.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.