The Investment Finance Group manages $11 billion in assets across the Company’s pension, 401(k), and retiree medical plans. This 6-person group is responsible for the asset allocation, investment manager monitoring and selection, and administration of the plan assets. In this unique role, you will be responsible for becoming the subject matter expert in managing the $1.3B private equity and public and private real asset portfolios across the pension and retiree medical plans.
Specific duties include understanding the strategic role of both asset classes in the overall portfolio, capacity modeling, and working with the group to optimize overall risk adjusted results. The position involves the management oversight of a GSS private equity senior analyst position that supports valuation and ongoing administration of the 100+ investment positions. The position is also responsible for developing quarterly asset class and industry trend reporting materials for the CFO and Benefit Finance Committee (BFC).
This role is a broadening experience as it will provide the opportunity to build new perspectives gained from external partners, expand your personal network to include corporate functional subject matter experts, and engage in initiatives that impact the organization at an enterprise level. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to expand your functional experiences by developing exceptional corporate finance capabilities (corporate finance expertise and external orientation) and analytical proficiency.
- Oversee private equity and real asset portfolios
- Represent General Mills at regular on/off-site meetings with current and prospective managers and industry networks
- Manage all investment and company-related aspects of the Non-Union VEBA (post-retiree medical plan)
- Analyze and report on Private and Real Asset portfolios for quarterly meetings with CFO and BFC
- Supervise and develop a GSS Private Equity Operations senior analyst
- Reports into the Director of Investments
- Other ad hoc reporting/analysis/benchmarking as needed
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting/Economics, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Strong interest in and familiarity with investments
- Demonstrated coaching behaviors for peers, business partners, or direct reports
- History of demonstrating rigor and leadership in bringing accuracy/discipline and governance to processes, operations, data, and results (Process Excellence)
- Ability to leverage strong analytical skills to provide meaningful insights and drive robust decision making (Data-based Decision Making)
- Experience in working with stakeholders with varying backgrounds and building high-trust relationships to drive prioritization and influence decisions (Partnership for Impact)
- Progress toward investment-related certifications (CFA, CAIA, CIPM, etc.)
- Prior plan sponsor and/or plan audit experience
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $90100.00 - $135300.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.