Employer: General Mills, Inc.
Job Title: Senior R&D Scientist (Multiple Positions)
Job Requisition: 20330.188.7/(2023-24286)
Job Location: 9000 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55427
Translate Consumer need into actionable prototypes to accelerate learning. Develop cereal product recipes, recipe changes and process adaptations that meet nutritional targets and overall compliance requirements for products. Explore limits of core cereal technology to adapt to novel ingredients and processes. Design robust experiments from screening through multi factorial design to determine ingredient and process parameters and optimal product characteristics. Coordinate cross functional teams to ensure successful execution of projects from purchasing to operations to finish product quality. Initiate and coordinate with external experts to explore potential opportunities in innovation, renovation, or waste elimination. Develop products at bench scale and pilot plant scale and successfully translate to multiple factory locations and processes. Develop required documentation in product development, scale up and handover to factories. Ensure cereal products meet quality standards as designed and manufactured. Collaborate with other functions across the company in support of product development (pilot plant, packaging, sensory, quality and NRSA). Collaborate and leverage research and development competencies and “know how” from partners. Promote safe operations in the lab, pilot plants, factories and external partners.
Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and seven years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in the job offered or seven years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in a food science related occupation OR a Master's degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and five years of work experience in job offered or five years of work experience in a food science related occupation.
Position requires five years of experience in each of the following:
1. Working with and applying product, packaging, and machine interface as they pertain to formulation and product performance.
2. Cereal technology including extrusion and batch processes.
3. Conducting consumer interviews and translating that into jobs to be done and potential solutions as well as working closely with product and consumer testing methodologies within Product Guidance Insight (PGI) and Consumer Insights (CI)
4. Cross-functional (internal and external) collaboration in the food industry, to drive successful project and strategy execution in a highly dynamic, multicultural, and global environment.
5. Working in an international business environment, including exposure to market specific consumer insights in multiple regions (Europe, UK, Asia or Latin America).
6. Exploring cross category or industry technology to expand the cereal category leveraging external manufacturers.
7. Managing multiple complex Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) R&D projects from initiation to execution resulting in multiple product market launches.
Travel 3 to 4 times a year throughout the U.S. and internationally. May telecommute 10-15% of the time. Background check and drug testing required.
Contact Instructions: Apply online at https://careers.generalmills.com/careers/ Please refer to job# 20330.188.7/(2023-24286)
The salary range for this position $128,292.32 - $148,800.00 / annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences, performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decision including, but not limited to, education, skills, work experience, certifications, etc. As such, pay for the successful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.