India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerio’s, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our Mills Works initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
The International trade team is seeking a Business/functional Analyst to join the team in support of our Trade Promotion management processes and business. The role would be responsible for providing support for enhancements of SAP TPM, TPM/TPO implementation, and support work for 3rd party vendor application. To achieve this, the analyst would build partnerships and work directly with the business and cross functional partners, including T+S resources, to gather requirements, determine technical deliverable estimates, and problem solve support issues.
The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, solid business acumen, understanding of TPO and be able to work and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
• Accountable to support the TPM (Trade Promotion Management) /TPO (Trade Promotion and Optimization) systems used by GMI.
• Accountable for learning third party applications, internal reporting, system and business process, rules, and logic, as well as developing knowledge of system data architecture
• Work directly with the business to gather detailed business requirements and apply sound technical solutions to build and test functional specifications and implement and maintain reporting and functionality.
• Manage relationships with business, external suppliers of software, technical support, and other services to achieve project objectives.
• Engage cross-functional teams as needed to ensure effective implementation of solutions.
• Provide timely, personal, and efficient response to user problems and inquiries.
• Work within agile product team to develop user stories and tasks within the analyst's workstream
Must - have technical /functional skills and experience
• Good understanding of the TPM end to end process (Planning /execution /Settlement)
• Understanding of TPO
• Exposure Trade specific data, analytics and KPI’s
• Strong analytical skills
• Understanding of TPM forecasting, ROI, Trade promotion Strategy etc.
• Exposure to SRM
• Data analyst and statistical sills
• Understanding of FMCG specific trade PROCESS
• understanding of the integration points with other modules e.g., APO, BW, other demand planning tools and appreciation of overall SAP software architecture is preferred.
• Experience CBP (Customer Business planning) and fund management is preferred.
• Exposure to SAP / S4Hana / Kantar XTEL and cloud technologies will be an added advantage.
• Expertise with Excel and exposure to AFO is preferred.
• Exposure to Visualization tool e.g., Tableau, qlik view is an added advantage.
• Experience of working with scrum and agile methodologies
• Desired: Experience of working in an international business environment, preferably within an international single instance SAP environment and experience in working with projects in other regions e.g.: Asia, China, Latin America, Europe
• Industry – Relevant business process experience in demand chain area
• SAP / TPM (Any vendor) implementation and support experiences in 1 full life-cycle projects
• Experience gathering and documenting technical business requirements.
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and identify problem trends.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work with business teams to capture requirements and convert into functional specification.
• Good to have to create technical specification based on the functional specification.
• Exposure to Revenue management
• Exposure to visualization
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and support systems, as well as partner with technical team to design and implement.
• Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent academics
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Electronics/Electrical from Tier 1 institute (Full Time)
Good to have skills
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
• Track record as a strong team player with effective teamwork and communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills – be able to deal and communicate effectively in English (both in writing and verbally) with systems colleagues and business users
• An analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges
• Certation of User training guide and other business and functional documents
• Structured and self-disciplined approach to working – be able to work on own initiative
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple conflicting activities
• Sound business judgment
• Willingness to continue learning to expand and build on skill sets
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.