The Food Safety Quality Operations Manager will own the responsibility of leading the food safety quality team plus the grain operations teams and serve as the subject matter expert on the plant leadership team to provide strategic direction and tactical insights on all matters of quality, food safety, sanitation, grain storage, blending and regulatory requirements. The plant has a continuous run schedule with systems operating 24/7 – the coordination between sanitation, operations, and maintenance activities is critical. The FSQ Operations Manager will own functional responsibilities but will also be called upon to support outside of the FSQ and grain function to help lead and influence the overall direction of the plant.
The Vernon plant is the primary manufacturer and distributor of bakery flour products for the Southwest. The plant staff consists of 40 General Mills team members.
Career Experiences Gained:
- People Leadership
- Data & Process Decision Making
- Business Partnership and Strategic influence
- Coaching for Capability Building & Initiative Management
- Financial Acumen
- Lead all aspects of Grain Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory, and Sanitation with the facility.
- Provide organizational and personnel leadership for the FSQ and Grain teams to deliver against its core mission and key measurables.
- Lead FSQ development of the plant team members
- Provide leadership in making grain and flour quality & regulatory decisions that balance business needs, while ensuring consumer safety and compliance with regulatory requirements. Provide timely and appropriate risk assessment.
- Be the key regulatory contact for the plant with State and Federal regulators. Maintain positive and constructive relationship while ensuring full compliance with regulatory and GMI policies.
- Provide leadership and have accountability for continuing the plant’s sanitation improvement journey.
- Deliver on all core tactical accountabilities of an FSQ Operations Manager: maintain balanced budget, manage lab, and grain elevator, address personnel issues, ensure a safe & positive work environment.
- Provide leadership in food safety and sanitation program management.
- Provide leadership and technical support in quality management with an emphasis on customer/consumer needs, continuous product quality, and productivity improvement.
- Initiate product and process improvements through the use of continuous improvement tools.
- Recommend actions for improvement and assure resolution.
- Provide risk assessment analysis and facilitate decisions for all quality and food safety events.
- Manage issues with non-conforming product to assure proper control, minimize losses and provide analysis to eliminate future occurrences.
- Provide training in all areas of Food Safety, Regulatory and Quality.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve issues and provide proactive improvements in all areas of business.
- Contribute as an integral part of the plant leadership team to drive the plant strategy and culture.
- Bachelor's degree - Engineering, Technical, or Food Science degree. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant quality experience in a manufacturing setting
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and contribute outside of core function
- Strong critical thinking skills with a focus on sustainability and broad perspective
- Ability to influence stakeholders while creating and leading strategic initiatives
- Ability to experiment, assess risks, and make data-based recommendations and decisions
- Ability to deliver results through others by managing both salaried and hourly team members and/or leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse, cross-functional teams, with external resources including suppliers, and with HQ partners.
- 7+ yrs. related experience with people leadership
- Expertise on food safety and quality systems for manufacturing, including General Mills’ internal policies and standards and relevant audit schemes.
- Experience with foundational systems
- Previous leadership role in a 24/7, continuous run, manufacturing environment
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $90100.00 - $135300.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.