OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Management Associate (BMA) is an entry-level Sales management position that provides young professional employees with the foundational knowledge needed to successfully start their GMI career. BMAs receive formal classroom training, exposure to the business, individual feedback sessions and coaching on how to gain robust career experiences to continue to advance in the organization.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
Successful Business Management Associates showcase:
- Openness to relocate throughout the United States
- Intangible “grit”, curiosity and ability to hold themselves accountable to achieve outstanding results
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Your career will be built through a variety of different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform into a future Sales leader for General Mills.
- Selling and Influencing: Develop foundational selling skills and product knowledge through a structured curriculum and immersive field experiences.
- Business Analytics/Problem Solving: Understand and utilize business dynamics and analytical tools available to provide solution-based insights to influence decision-makers.
- Sales Support: Leverage understanding of customer needs and business analytics to inform strategy development. Partner with field sales to develop an understanding of customer needs, including analysis and recommendations to drive business performance.
- Relationship Building: Opportunity to build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations.
- North American Retail (NAR) business delivers profitable growth with sales to grocery stores, club channels, drug and discount stores, convenience stores and ecommerce.
- Start dates: January & July 2024 or potential “open” start dates depending on assigned field/market area BMA role
- Competitive salary ($66,000 base salary plus signing bonus plus annual bonus)
- Car: insurance, fuel, maintenance covered. Personal use fee, based on vehicle type, deducted from your pay
- 15 vacation days, paid holidays, PTO, & relocation (if eligible)
- 401K, retirement contribution plan
- Medical, dental, life insurance
IS THIS YOU?
- Interested in a career in Sales
- Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork experience
- Strong strategy and analytical problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate to our world headquarters in Minneapolis, MN or designated field/business center locations. Potential starting locations include North American Retail (NAR): Minneapolis, MN; Scottsdale, AZ; Rogers, AR; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA. Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division.
- US work authorization / Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Open to all majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
- Dec. 2023, May 2024 graduation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
The base salary for this position is $66,000. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences, performance, and skills for their role. The salary for this role represents the factors considered in the hiring decision including education and degree obtained. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall physical wellbeing & mental health. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs and other perks. Benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors. In this role you will be able to participate in our annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
HOW DO I APPLY? - Must complete these steps
Upload resume and apply via your campus recruiting system
Go to careers.generalmills.com - Search “Sales” opportunities and apply for “North America Retail - Business Management Associate - Campus Recruiting”