OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Mills' supply chain is one of the most respected supply chains in the industry. Global Supply Chain makes food the world loves. They buy ingredients to make our products, design services and equipment, create and package food and distribute our products. Sourcing’s role is to partner with stakeholders to globally source required goods and services to drive highest value (quality, service, cost, and safety) for General Mills.
General Mills was named #1 Best Place to Work for New Grads by Forbes and a Top 100 Intern Programs in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Global Sourcing partners with General Mills’ stakeholders to drive continuous improvement through standard process, enable the organization through insight and analytics, and deliver knowledge and training. As a Sourcing Analyst Intern, you will:
- Lead continuous global and regional process improvement aimed at delivering process excellence within Sourcing.
- Proactively identify process and capabilities ‘’best practices’’ to help General Mills drive savings and efficiencies across the globe
- Work closely with Buying teams to support best in class strategic sourcing initiatives
- Complete Analysis of key Sourcing data to identify trends and opportunities
Interns will experience a robust 10-week program leading business critical projects. You will be located at our corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
This posting is for a Summer 2024 Internship. Preferred graduation dates for students are Winter 2024 or Spring 2025.
IS THIS YOU?
- Strong interpersonal skills, high learning agility, analytical and decision-making skills
- Entrepreneurial qualities necessary for managing risk and leading change
- Curiosity and passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business (any concentrations e.g. Finance, Marketing, etc.)
The hourly rate for this position is $24.23/hour. At General Mills we strive for each employee’s pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences and skills for their role. The pay for this role represents numerous factors considered in the hiring decision including, but not limited to, educational degree in process, major of study and year in school. Beyond pay, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall development, including subsidized housing & relocation (if applicable & requirements are met), a summer of learning and fun, health benefits, wellbeing support and perks. Specific benefits may vary by role, location, and other employment status factors.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).