The Maintenance Team Leader III is responsible to lead through others by daily direction setting and coaching in Continuous Improvement environment. The TL3 will provide manufacturing leadership to advance the culture and performance site wide at the Belvidere Plant. The primary responsibility of this individual will be to develop technical capability in maintenance team as well as operations.
The TL3 will report to the Maintenance Manager and will require flexibility to support the overnight and weekend operations. Flexibility comes in the form of adapting to business needs for a four or five day/week schedule. Critical on-site presence comes in the form of hand-offs w/ day shift TLs in the 6am hour to ensure progress of work and other informs are communicated.
- Develop maintenance personnel by providing coaching, support, direction, documented performance appraisals, and ongoing feedback
- Guide, educate, coach, develop and motivate Team Leaders and maintenance team members to achieve required human safety, food safety, and production results
- Facilitate effective sharing of information across work teams, business areas, and functional areas
- Collaborate across the site to drive standardization and alignment amongst multiple operating departments
- Assume ownership for strategic initiatives and additional duties as assigned
- Drive Continuous Improvement and total employee engagement in critical success areas by empowering employees to utilize Foundational Systems
- Understand core mechanical technologies, including fasteners, lubrication, drives, transmission, motion systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical/controls & refrigeration systems
- Review daily operational performance reports and drive accountability in critical success areas
- Ensure manufacturing process failure root causes are identified and are eliminated
- Ensure effective interchange of information between Maintenance department and support resources at the plant and within GMI
- Foster a strong working partnership with all functions to support plant objectives
- Create an environment where all employees are encouraged & developed to reach their full potential in meeting department/business goals
- Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a day to day basis
- Ensure the proper selection, training, development and motivation of the team to maximize current and future performance
- Model the Company and Plant’s Behaviors and Values
- Establish and sustain effective relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years of Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience
- Ability to develop and drive strategic initiatives and drive results through others
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with the floor including building positive employee relations and developing a Zero Loss Culture
- Solid business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent coaching skills and ability to deliver effective feedback and resolve conflict
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related degree with applicable experience or extensive relevant work experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing & maintenance experience
- Previous Team Leader Experience
- Facilities/Refrigeration System Knowledge
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
The salary range for this position is $77900.00 - $117000.00 / Annually. At General Mills we strive for each employee's pay at any point in their career to reflect their experiences performance and skills for their current role. The salary range for this role represents the numerous factors considered in the hiring decisions including, but not limited to, educations, skills, work experience, certifictions, etc. As such, pay for the succesful candidate(s) could fall anywhere within the stated range. Beyond base salary, General Mills offers a competitive Total Rewards package focusing on your overall well-being. We are proud to offer a foundation of health benefits, retirement and financial wellbeing, time off programs, wellbeing support and perks. Benefits may vary by role, country, region, union status, and other employment status factors. You may also be eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. An incentive award, if any, depends on various factors, including, individual and organizational performance.