Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our manufacturing group, you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical systems on equipment within our manufacturing facility.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
What your compensation will look like:
- Up to $35.15
- $24.15 per hour up to $35.15 per hour (This pay range is based on pay for skills program and is not based on experience.)
- Shift Differential
- Additional $0.25 per hour for hours worked on 2nd and 3rd shift
- We also offer a $1,000 retention bonus.
- Annual negotiated increases
- Pay for Skills Program for higher pay rates
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401K match
- Health insurance – Including medical, dental and life
- AND much more!
What your day will look like:
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL operators on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it.
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunity
- Responsibility for the overall integrity and reliability of control systems throughout the plant
- Providing technical support/skills for equipment troubleshooting and controls/equipment modifications
- Supporting plant maintenance department with PLC troubleshooting at a code level
- Working with engineering and maintenance teams to modify PLC programs in order to improve operations
- Testing various electrical equipment (AC/DC drives, motors and controls) using standard test equipment and observing system/unit operations
- Providing guidance and support for preventative and predictive maintenance tools
- Design and layout of circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components Participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Assisting in training new employees as needed
- Attending meetings and training as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
What your schedule will look like:
Schedule: 8-hour shifts
- 1st shift: 6:30 am to 3 pm
- 2nd shift: 2:30 pm to 11 pm 3rd shift: 10:30 pm to 7 am
- Currently hiring for 2nd or 3rd shift
- Ability and willingness to work 4 hours overtime prior to start or end of shift
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related field
- Continuing education in maintenance/technical skills
- Computer Maintenance Management Systems experience
- Experience with PLC's, VFD's or Instrumentation a plus
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.