India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift timings: Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
- America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
- 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
- Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
- Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
- Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
- Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
- Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
- Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
- Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
- Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
- Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Technology at General Mills accelerates process transformation and business growth around the globe. To achieve business success, Digital and Technology uses leading edge technology, innovative thinking, and agile processes. One of General Mills’ key technology priorities is driving business action through connected data
This individual will help drive data strategy and processes, ensure the solutions are sustainable, and follow General Mills’ standards. The role requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives and work well with various internal and external partners to bring capabilities to life across a variety of General Mills teams.
- Act as a key Data and Analytics technical leader with deep technical and domain expertise
- Collaboratively develop the technology and capability roadmap
- Participate in the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of emerging tools and process in the Data Engineering space.
- Partner with business analysts and architects to develop technical architectures for strategic projects and initiatives.
- Lead the design and implementation of sustainable tools & processes to support the data engineering ecosystem.
- Develop communication & education plans for technical teams on technologies and processes in our data engineering ecosystem.
- Participate as an active member of assigned product team including supporting existing and future solutions
- 12+ years total work experience
- Experience with modern Cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud
- Experience with Data Engineering toolsets and technologies including Python, BigQuery, DataPrep, Composer, DataFlow and Spark.
- Experience working directly with business clients to design a solution that meets business requirements; ability to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms and architectural options, as well as being able to document use cases, solutions, and recommendations.
- Having used general software engineering tools and processes like git, Jenkins, Intellij/Eclipse, Bash terminal, Jira/progress tracking, Agile
- ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Effective analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to research, plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology
- Bachelors/Masters degree
- Strong Python, Scala, or Java coding skills
- Experience in developing procedures and scripts for data migration
- Experience in bash scripting and Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Kafka and distributed computing tools
- Experience with agile techniques or methods
- Experience with Cloud technologies, GCP preferred
Skill proficiency expectations
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.