India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can be leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are cantered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Consultant
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to developing a best-in-class data capability that helps drive performance of General Mills through best-n-class Revenue Management capabilities now and into the future. We are seeking a leader to join the SRM Data Foundations team as a skilled Technical Analyst. This role will report into SRM Solution Manager in India and functionally collaborate with Global SRM team. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for defining and linking business objectives to core technological capabilities. This role will drive organized and effective requirements to build and enhance the key data foundation pipelines and products critical to all SRM capabilities. They will be responsible for ensuring the team knows and understand what they are expected to build through a backlog and user stories, and how it connects to overall objectives. This role is the development team’s source for business logic, requirements, and technical analysis. The ideal candidate should have strong communication and problem-solving skills and be able to work and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate with a Product Owner and Solution Manager to shape the end-to-end product strategy and determine business value
• Take up joint responsibility with the PO to build roadmaps for application and Data Assets
• Own product delivery: Ensure product development through completion (incl. address, prioritize, and fix bugs (QA), product/business owner signoff and promotion to production)
• Communicate delays and articulate the downstream impact to tools and processes
• Drive organized and effective business requirements to help build the product
• Understand the functional scope, do the feasibility study, documentation, troubleshooting, support and coordination with team
• Dig into to data analysis and explore data to determine what is needed and what we have to move the team forward
• Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories and acceptance criteria for their team.
• Serve as the day-to-day contact for the team on clarification of requirements and drive user stories
• Stay in sync with the product owners on priorities and day to day decision making
• Exercise strong decision-making mandate across the team as a proxy to the product owner
• Prep and support the team on product demos – active participation in backlog grooming
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Ability to articulate business requirements and bridge the gap with development teams and stakeholders
• 3 years of experience in leading a project or sub-projects
• Strong experience in exploring and analysing large data sets using Excel and SQL to understand patterns, structures, and definition
• Hands on experience working with SQL
• Strong understanding and implementation of Agile methodology
• Intermediate proficiency working with BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI
• Strong communication skills- verbal and written with ability to present complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
• Excellent problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
• High sense of accountability, self-managing, results-oriented, and capable of leading multiple initiatives simultaneously through rigorous prioritization
• Bachelor’s Degree from Tier 1 institute
Good to have skills
• Technologies – BigQuery - Google Cloud Platform, ETL
• Agile Scrum master certification
• Understanding of Point of Trade, Finance, Sale, Syndicated and Consumer Data
Skill proficiency expectations
· Agile methodology
· Power BI
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.