Are you looking to feel valued at a company?
General Mills, Inc. manufactures some of the most beloved foods in the world, including Cheerios and Lucky Charms, Nature Valley granola bars, Totino's pizza rolls, and Yoplait yogurt. Blue Buffalo became part of General Mills in 2018, so even your pets love us too.
We are looking for team members who come to the table with a shared passion for making food the world loves, to solve problems and shape General Mills for the future. As a part of our quality support group, you will be responsible for supporting production, packaging and processing operations, quality and regulatory activities and maintaining analytical equipment.
General Mills encourages growth for our employees; if you want to learn new things, attain, and prove competency quickly, and apply technology in the manufacturing space; GMI is a great place to start.
The primary role and focus for the FSQ Technician is to support operations and quality by assisting in data collection, analysis, documenting FSQ activities, communication and guidance to ensure compliance with all company, customer, regulatory and BRC requirements. The successful FSQ tech will have a scientific base of knowledge, friendly character, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within our company
What your compensation will look like:
- $22.76 hour to start
- Great paid time off benefits
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance- including medical, dental and life
- And much more!
What your day will look like:
- The primary role and focus for the FSQ Technician is to support operations and quality by assisting in data collection, analysis, documenting FSQ activities, communication and guidance to ensure compliance with all company, customer, regulatory and BRC requirements. The successful FSQ tech will have a scientific base of knowledge, friendly character, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within our company.
- Monitor GMPs in production and warehouse for compliance and record on approved form
- Perform Test & Measuring Equipment (scale, thermometer, moisture analyzer, etc.) calibrations and project assignments in a timely, safe and professional matter, report results, and issues to FSQA Supervisor
- Conduct incoming raw material inspection, verify and file COAs for incoming material, and other receiving documents. Inspect incoming raw materials in accordance with quality control procedures
- Inspect finished products and processing parameters to ensure compliance with customer’s specifications and manufacturing instructions. Generate COAs as needed and send to customer in timely manner
- Conduct the finished product label verification
- Creating high quality foods that are eaten EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE
- Using TECHNOLOGY in an industry-leading facility
- Working with HIGH-LEVEL analysts on EXPERIENCED teams that are looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN and get paid doing it
- CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT and gain skills to take with you to your next opportunityCalibrate and test analytical equipment to meet required specifications
- Execute analytical testing on products to ensure conformance to specifications
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Assist in training new employees
What your schedule will look like: Currently hiring for 1st & 3rd shift
- 8-hour shifts
- 1st shift: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
- 3rd shift: 10:00 pm to 6:30 am
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, any shift, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Plant operation is 24 hours a day, 6 days a week
What your growth will look like:
- Be a part of a team that will learn and grow
- Develop leadership skills, that will allow you to focus on new KNOWLEDGE and ability to adopt and implement those ideas
- Ability to operate within a safety culture
- Expanded technical capabilities
What you have to offer:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- 1 years of food manufacturing experience and at least 1 year of Quality Assurance experience preferred
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English
- Degree required in science or related field or 3 – 5 years experience in related field.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
The health and safety of our employees – and the food we make – is our top priority. We were an early adopter in instituting protection measures in our plants during the pandemic and continue to implement a number of safety precautions to protect our employees.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.