India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Consultant (ServiceNow)
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Digital and Technology HR and Employee Services with global initiatives focused on process transformation, employee experience, and data & insights. Expectations of this role are to drive innovation & enhance user experience, support ServiceNow HR, ITSM, and Facilities processes and technology efforts, and deliver value to our global employee base. This position reports to the Manager - Human Capital Mgmt. & Services and is responsible for the technical administration and support of ServiceNow business processes and technical solutions. This position will work collaboratively across teams to provide recommendations and facilitate the delivery of technical solutions that align with business opportunities.
(40% of Time)
• Analyst resource for HR, ITSM and Facilities business process and technology projects.
• System consultant to HR, ITSM and Facilities business – identify and articulate process impacts on technology/data and potential constraints.
• Responsible for quality assurance, creation of test scripts, and testing execution.
• Ensure user acceptance of system solutions.
• Partner with business partners on the design of training strategy and communications.
• Represent business partners throughout planning, development, and release processes.
(40% of Time)
• Day to day operational support of HR, ITSM, and Facilities operations and ensure system health and sustainability. This may include foundational data administration, troubleshooting issues, and researching solutions.
• Partner with business partners to identify functional requirements, including data, configuration, integration, and portal needs.
(20% of Time)
• Develop documentation and training supporting system or processes changes.
• Communicate system or process changes to users with varying technical knowledge.
• Advocate and influence solutions and inform on new trends and technologies
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Ability to gather and translate business requirements into specifications.
• Experience with ServiceNow configuration
• SaaS implementation experience preferred
• Ability to work with contractors and 3rd party vendors to ensure a quality result on projects and enhancements
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, configure, and support data, processes, and technology
• Experience supporting stabilization and ongoing production support of technical solutions
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/activities and prioritize appropriately
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with technical and business partners at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
Bachelor’s degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems) or MIS (Management Information Systems) preferred
Minimum years of related experience required: 7+ supporting/delivering complex IT solutions
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• Be able to effective work with ambiguity
• High learning agility
• Be able to define business requirements and collaborate across different teams
• Problem solver and work with minimum guidance
• Highly organized individual with a process improvement and client service mindset
• Proven ability to work successfully with global, cross-functional project teams and translate complex business analysis into actionable recommendations through to implementation.
• Ability to train and lead others
• Results oriented with a track record of accomplishments and ability to problem solve and overcome challenges
• High integrity, sound judgment, and discretion regarding confidential information
• Ability to think proactively and manage multiple priorities
• High initiative and passion for improving business systems and processes
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.