India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Division: Labeling and Regulatory Compliance (FSQ)
The Regulatory Affairs leader will monitor regulatory changes and status in GEMS multiple markets (India, Middle East, Southeast Asia) to conduct impact assessments for regulatory changes and partner with the business to build readiness plans.
Regulatory and Issues Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee the monitoring and management of regulatory matters in areas of regulatory compliance, labeling, product registration, and food safety in GEMS multiple markets, including India, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
- Represent the organization externally with regulatory agencies and trade associations.
- Interpret and evaluate proposed regulations and submit regulatory comments.
- Conduct impact assessments for regulatory changes and coordinate with the business to develop readiness plans.
- Implement auditing processes to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal standards, as needed.
- Provide advice to development and/or marketing teams on regulatory items.
- Ensure that Senior Management and MPLS HQ are fully informed and updated regarding emerging regulatory issues and risks in matters of regulatory compliance.
Skills & Experience
- Must be flexible and able to confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable delivering on objectives as part of a global, virtual team
- Able to translate and apply regulations into actionable opportunities, product guidance and/or external communications
- Strong orientation to detail; Able to synthesize large amounts of information into business-relevant insights
- Anticipate problems, identify causes and act independently or partner cross-functionally to resolve them
- Able to comfortably engage with external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, written, presentation)
- Capable of working independently and productively in an open work environment
- Collaborative, flexible work style with shared accountabilities
- Able and willing to train others, at all levels within the organization
- Fluent with MS-Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Skype, OneNote and Communicator
- On-the-job training is provided for proprietary applications and tools
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science or related field
- Required: Familiarity with regulations and regulatory framework
- Preferred: 5+ years of experience and provide track record in Regulatory Affairs for significant business operation; (food or other consumer goods business preferred)