India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Solutions Manager – Finance Operations
Location: Mumbai, Hybrid
The Digital and Technology team of General Mills India Centre is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the Global Digital Transformation initiative at General Mills in capacity of a Solutions Manager. In this role you would be working with a variety of Finance Pillars, particularly Finance functions such as Global Accounting Organization, Treasury, Tax, FSS, Audit & Internal Controls. This position offers the opportunity to experience a full range of the project life cycle including discovery, design, development, testing, delivery and support of the solutions in SAP FICO modules & external finance applications such as Vertex, Workiva, Concur, VIM, Bloomberg, 360T & similar applications. Expectations is to drive innovations that enhance user experience, support process and technology efforts, and deliver value to your client's. The candidate is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert and consultant in this role. The role is also accountable globally for the operational health of financial solutions and maintain operational support and ensure system health and sustainability.
• This role will be accountable for overall Functional Client Management including owning the Finance Project Portfolio for the segment, Annual Planning, Long Range Planning & Roadmap of Capabilities for Global Finance & Accounting, Treasury, Tax & Global Internal Audit functions leveraging SAP modules such as SAP FICO & External Finance applications such as Vertex, Workiva, Concur, VIM, Bloomberg, 360T & similar applications
• Accountable for understanding the needs of Finance operations and developing integrated solutions for Finance related functions
• Accountable for Ensuring clear goals and outcomes of the project including pre-discovery efforts, removing barriers to ensure Project execution, ensuring standardization and integration of solutions
• Lead the initiatives in the defined areas of responsibility and leverage all capabilities
• Collaborate with the Stakeholders to design/deliver new processes, manage their expectations, and provide timely updates
• Advocate and influence solutions and inform on new trends and technologies
• Connect with cross-functional peers to ensure end-to-end solution optimization.
• Train key users, prepare/update documentation, and implement sustainable training strategies.
• Mentor team members to acquire new skills and deepen their knowledge of systems and processes in the finance domain.
• Work as a Solutions Delivery lead in Projects/Enhancements
• Regular connect with global leaders to get acquaintance of Business needs
• Consulting and providing operational support to the business team on the technology front
• Process/ Technology Knowledge sharing with the larger global team
• Lead/Participate/Represent Team on Global events globally or at site
• Connect with other business functions Managers to understand resource requirement needs for projects/initiatives
Must - have technical skills and experience
Technical Skills :
• Strong Configuration skills in SAP Finance & Controlling Modules in ECC & S4 Hana Versions
• Good Understanding of Cross Functional modules such as Sales & Distribution, Materials Management and its integration with SAP Finance & Controlling
• Have decent understanding of reporting landscape such as BW/Business Objects & Tableau with its integration aspects with SAP
• Working knowledge in Third Party/External Finance Applications such as Workiva, Concur, Vertex and its integration capabilities with SAP
• Possess good functional understanding on Upgrades, Hotfix, Patches, Enhancements & experience in leading it across different Finance applications
• Strong solutioning, presentation and facilitation skills with small and large groups
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand business complexities and provide solution
• Strong communication skills, both written and in person
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• High learning agility for new technologies & managing its end to end support & maintenance
• Good problem-solving skills, bias for action, decisive & robust time management skills
• Flexibility is needed on hours of work e.g. for occasional system critical support or major project implementations
• Overall 15+ years of professional services experience in Solution design and delivery management
• Minimum 12+ plus years of hands-on SAP experience in SAP FICO including estimating, planning, and delivering solutions with 5+ End to End Implementations
• Should have worked on 3rd Party/External applications (Cloud/On-Premise) & managed its integrations with upstream/downstream systems
• Led project deliveries through Cross-functional & Technical teams in projects/enhancements & system upgrades
• SaaS implementation experience would be an added advantage
• Worked with contractors and 3rd party vendors to deliver quality results on projects and enhancements.
Good to have skills
• Understanding of CPG industry
• Knowledge in SAP FSCM Modules would be desirable
• SAP Certification in SAP Finance/FSCM
• CA/Masters in Finance/BSC and MSC Information systems from Tier 1 institute
Skill proficiency expectations
· SAP FICO (ECC/S4) (GL/AP/AR/CO/PA/PC/Banking)
· SAP Finance Integrations with P2P, OTC, RTR
· Managing 3rd Party Finance applications deliveries & its total cost of ownership
· Reporting landscape (BW/Tableau/BPC)
· SAAS Applications deployment
· Technologies – Google Cloud Platform, AI/ML, RPA, ETL, Data Architecture
· SAP FSCM
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.