India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Role: Sr. Consultant - SRE
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Cloud Engineering & Business Office team to advance the Infrastructure and CICD operation toward scalable and cloud ready vision through automation, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
• Collaborate with application architects to build new infrastructure in cloud and ensure the stability and scalability of our internal systems
• Implement new technologies to build future of Application Hosting capabilities and how applications are built and delivered.
• Drive continuous improvement by adopting the right vendor technologies to support applications, in areas such as monitoring, operational task automation, continuous integration, deployments and performance tuning
• Investigate and resolve complex and multi-faceted issues, spanning the entire technology stack, which require working across teams and technology boundaries
• Proactively improve site reliability and key metrics, such as up-time, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents and other key operational SLAs
Must - have technical skills and experience
• Total 8+ years of experience in designing and implementing Applications.
• 3+ years of experience in GCP and Infrastructure as a code tool like Terraform, Ansible, Azure Resource Manager, designing cloud solutions etc.
• Should have Worked on tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes in a production environment for large scale data-intensive systems.
• Basic knowledge on Linux and/or Windows Administration and troubleshooting.
• Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines using technologies like, Jenkins, Artifactory, Vault, GitHub Actions.
• Containerization, container orchestration, deployment/monitoring.
• Familiarity with container ecosystem/technologies, such as, Kubernetes, and the deployment/monitoring of those systems, especially Jenkins, Artifactory, Vault etc.
• Expertise in deployment, building, scanning, and monitoring of the applications in Cloud (GCP)
• Experience interacting with Infrastructure APIs like DNS, F5, etc
• Experience working in Agile teams, defining SLO’s and SLI’s for products.
• Delivering software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of organization’s services
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Good to have skills
• Experience deploying and running applications on Linux in containers.
• Knowledge of Debugging tools like WinDBG, Debug Diag etc
• Azure and/or AWS Cloud experience.
• Knowledge of Server configuration and hardening
• Experience supporting MS IIS in an enterprise environment
• Understanding of networking protocols and topography
• Strong understanding of firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP
• Experience with traffic load balancers such as F5’s, GCP Load balancers etc
• Development experience on the Microsoft stack
• Backend Technology - .NET, MVC, Web API, REST API, .NET Core
• Frontend technology – Knockout, Typescript, Angular, UI/UX oriented apps
• Dependency injection, SQL server, Unit test.
• Design patterns
• Experience with Kafka and Elastic.
Skill proficiency expectations
· Deploy and Support application in GCP Cloud
· Terraform, Kubernetes
· General System administration and Troubleshooting
· Jenkins, GITHUB Action
· Load balancing, Networking
· Monitoring Tools
· Ability to write, debug .net or python or power shell code.
· FinOps practices for cloud
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.