India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
Cyber Security Team
Cyber Security is a critical part of Digital and Technology function. We leverage the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, key cybersecurity partners, and external benchmarking to guide the development of our program. Cybersecurity risk is managed as part of enterprise risk at GMI. We assess technical cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to mitigate them. We design and manage cybersecurity infrastructure, identities, and controls and we monitor for any threats and ensure timely and comprehensive response to cyber-attacks. We also measure and report compliance to cybersecurity policies and standards.
This position is responsible for engineering and development in the SailPoint Identity IQ (IIQ) platform. The priority for this role is to develop requirements and to implement out-of-the box configurations to extend the capabilities of the IIQ platform. In addition, this position will be responsible for day-to-day application support and troubleshooting. The position will collaborate with the Identity team, business users, and internal/external stakeholders to successfully advance identity solutions.
50% of Time Development and Deployment
• Collaborate with the Identity Team and business users to develop and deliver new identity capabilities that are aimed at reducing cyber security risk and increasing compliance with relevant GMI policies and standards, as well as applicable laws and regulations
• Perform the following IIQ design consultation activities on projects:
o Gather requirements, define processes, and document use cases
• Lead all development activities including:
o Design and implement Identity Lifecycle Events including rule development, event triggers and automation
o Create and test customer or 3rd party connector configurations
• Design, implement, and educate on SailPoint build processes, code migration, and source control use
• Support process transformation of identity practices through collaboration with other Digital and Technology teams
• Participate in external benchmarking in the IAM industry to identify trends and translate to long-range plans
• Support multiple complex projects that touch all facets of Identity Access Management
• Contribute to policies and standards for governing Identity and Access Management
40% of Time Operational Management and Support
• Responsible for maintenance and support of the SailPoint IIQ platform and other SailPoint technologies, as applicable
• Support all Identity Access Management team processes including monitoring integrations and job schedules
• Troubleshoot issues and engage SailPoint support as needed to resolve issues
• Collaborate with the IAM manager to plan and implement bug fixes, patches, and upgrades
• Initiate continuous improvement opportunities to streamline and automate operational work
• Resolve day-to-day issues to ensure that SailPoint IIQ is meeting end-user requirements and expectations
• Support the IAM security compliance efforts with KPMG and Global Internal Audit to enhance the control environment
• Manage the vendor relationship to ensure general maintenance and support of the SailPoint platform.
10% of Time Projects / Consultation
• Support projects that impact all facets of identity access management
• Collaborate with all members of the security team to deliver key priorities
• Continuously develop knowledge of evolving identity best practices through self-development and other educational opportunities
Must - have technical skills and experience
• 3 to 5 Years of Experience in Sailpoint Development.
• Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors in the field of Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
• Experience deploying SailPoint Identity IQ in complex and diverse customer environments with multiple types of application servers and operating systems, preferably including Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Windows, and Linux
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Information Security, Identity Access Management (IAM), and SailPoint technologies.
• Proven Identity Access Management experience
• Experience working with multiple IAM related technologies such as Active Directory, LDAP, and SaaS applications
• Extensive experience developing in Java and/or BeanShell
• Experience with other supporting technologies such as PowerShell, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure DevOps/Github Code Flow Development
• Ability to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner to multiple levels in the organization
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently with executional excellence
• Strong analytical and process skills
• Organizational skills with attention to detail & accuracy
• Deliver outstanding results through task prioritization & time management
• Willingness to learn & adapt to new systems & tools
• Customer service focus
• Preferred Professional Certifications: SailPoint Certified Identity IQ Engineer
Good to have skills
• Knowledge and experience with ServiceNow ITSM and BMC Remedy a plus
• Togaf certification, GCP certification
• Understanding of CPG industry
• Technologies – Google Cloud Platform, Togaf, SAP ERP, AI/ML, RPA, ETL, Data Architecture,
• Masters /MBA from Tier 1 institute
Skill proficiency expectations
· development in the SailPoint Identity IQ platform
· Thoroughly understands IAM concepts
· Development in Java and/or BeanShell
· Microsoft SQL Server
· Azure DevOps/Github Code Flow Development
· Active Directory, LDAP, and SaaS applications
Although the primary responsibilities of this role are focused on development in the SailPoint Identity IQ platform, this position requires someone that thoroughly understands IAM concepts. In addition, we are seeking someone that can balance multiple priorities and that operates in an agile manner. Finally, we want someone that is comfortable collaborating with the team to deliver the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.