India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings - Regular
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
• America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
• 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
• Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
• Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
• Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
• Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
• Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
• Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
• Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leverage to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centred on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we're waiting for you.
60 % of Time
• Lead the end-to-end design of performant, secure, robust, and maintainable platforms architectures across evolving technologies
• Support the development and delivery into the production of the architecture and coach engineers during delivery using a variety of methodologies
• Analyze and resolve architectural problems throughout the lifecycle of the solution working closely with either agile development and operations teams or in a full DevSecOps model
• A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Design, build and connect complex systems and architectures
• Identifies large-scale solutions, Full-Stack, aligned with standard architectures and technology stack.
• Willing to utilize/experiment with new technologies on projects, able to efficiently find applicable uses.
• Builds data architecture/models
• Adjusts/rearchitects as product matures
• Design and build enterprise level solutions, connecting multiple feature sets & components, identifies opportunities for integration points.
• Work with a cross-functional team including analyst, PMs, and business stakeholders in business value driven projects
• Identify and form Talent teams to work of POC's
• Work with Solution Managers and Leadership team to identify areas of Automation
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
25 % of Time
• Manage the delivery of the team
• Cultivate a successful, motivated team to deliver on the requirements
• Learning and enhancing new skills
• Coaching, Mentoring and On-boarding younger developers
• Process improvements project/team level
• Lead in different initiatives (Knowledge sharing, Reading Groups, Dev Forums, etc.)
• Collaborates with other teams to utilize new features of platform technologies
• Continue to build on communication/soft skills
15 % of Time
• Consults on projects, offer appropriate technical direction
• Technical SME
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
• Advises project managers & analysts on Development impacts/strategies
• Effective project/task estimation
• More strategic conversation, a resource for managers/directors to translate technical discussions
• Advises on best data practices within applications and projects
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Computer Science
Minimum years of related experience required: 10+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 10-15 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Domain Expertise
o An ability to communicate design concepts to both deeply technical development teams as well as non-technical staff
o A deep and practical working knowledge of one (or more) of the major cloud platforms
o Solid understanding of key architecture concerns such as security, availability, scalability, operability, maintainability and how to ensure that they are delivered as specified
o Knowledge of and experience applying modern architecture principles and patterns
o Experience supporting operational platforms in high-scale live production environments
o Experience on designing and building scalable enterprise applications.
o Deep knowledge of OOPS, C#, ASP.Net, design principles, Python and RESTful API services.
o Knowledge and Implementation of Microservices.
o Implementation of DevOps (Containerization / Jenkins Pipeline, etc.)
o Experience and ability to provide cloud solutions (GCP / Azure)
o Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end-user automation tests and Understand Performance issue.
o Evaluate new code for reliable architecture, coding standards, stability, reusability, performance, automation, security and metrics.
o Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle / MongoDB, SQL Server)
o Expand knowledge of, and ability to apply, IT technical standards by assisting in their formation and revision
o A go-to resource for the team or business group
o Troubleshoot and fix technical, performance issues.
o Collaborate with specialized teams from across the organization to develop and design solutions for technical business problems that increase staff productivity and help them achieve their financial goals
o Connects individual efforts to broad standards/strategies
• Agile/Digital Experience
o Expert task/sprint estimation
o Creates and manages Product Feature Roadmap and aligns with technology direction (new standards, architectures, obsolescence)
o Helps drive the agile journey for the team in terms of team velocity, self-organization, effective retrospective conversations
Technical Skill Set:
Containers, GIT, Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline
GCP / Azure
MS SQL, SSIS
Good to Have
Oracle / Mongo DB, MySQL,
Data / Integration App
Good to Have
Python / Spark / Scala, Hadoop
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Individual Skills
o Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
o Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
o Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
• Mindset & Behaviors
o Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
o Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
o Creating a positive environment within the team
o Ability to research, plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology
o Challenge the status quo
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.