India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Position Title: Sr. Analyst Function/Group: Consumer Insights
Country: India Location: Mumbai
Shift Timing: 11 AM to 8 PM
Role Reports to: Manager Geographical Scope of the Role - Location: US/UK/Other International
This position is part of the Consumer & Market Intelligence Decision Sciences team. We are looking for someone with a strong data-led story telling experience who can translate data and analytics into powerful business stories and narratives. This individual will mine data sources to build impactful presentations and visualizations, to deliver insights as well as strengthen the team’s brand, provide newsletters or other forms of communication to build awareness around the Decision Sciences teams internally, and its capabilities. The role will also include educating others across the organization on the importance of data and visualization, analytics, and data science.
Following are the expectations from this role:
o Gather content to convey needed information in an understandable and esthetically pleasing way
o Leverage insights from databases to educate others across the organization on data n analytics outputs
o Participate in outlining, development, and production to create presentation materials for internal audiences
o Needs to be able to work cross-functionally with Solution Experts to understand their content/message and assist in creating high-impact presentations and visualizations wireframes/dashboards.
o Perform project management tasks that support appropriate workflows including but not limited to managing, organizing, and archiving projects and presentations.
80% of Time Operational Responsibilities
o Translate design concepts into presentation mediums and create and maintain presentation and visualization dashboards per corporate design guidelines.
o Builds appealing presentations and visualization wireframes using MS Power Point, MS Excel, R-Shiny/Tableau
o Engage the team and stakeholder by telling story about the data and dashboards
o Apply narrative design principles where the story and the design reinforce and support the case
o Responsible for assurance in output quality and delivering content as per agreed timeline
o Communicate with stakeholders on an ongoing basis to understand project requirements and provide regular updates.
20% of Time Others
- Identify and undergo self-learning modules and leverage IDP for self-development
- Train people on presentations/visualization on the right forum
- Find opportunity to enhance current process
- Participate in project designing related training
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Graphic/Visual Design/Story telling or Related Field
Required Professional Certifications: Bachelors (Any Specialization)
Preferred Professional Certifications: Masters (Any Specialization)
Minimum years of related experience required: 4 - 6 years
Preferred years of related experience: 6 + years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Expert level technical knowledge of Microsoft PPT, Excel, Google Slides and Keynote.
• Exposure to Visualization tools like R-Shiny, Tableau and understanding SQL is preferred
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Hands-on development of presentations and visuals for senior management
• Proficient in infographics, typography, color scheme, and layout
• Experience in working with brand guidelines and templates in a larger corporate organization
• Ability to manage client’s expectations and maintain quality standards
• Effective collaboration with international stakeholders
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Continually asks him/herself, “Why do I (or we) do it this way?”
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Remains curious despite having developed deep expertise
Delivers Outstanding Results
- Thinks through ways of implementing his knowledge/experience which the process could benefit from
- Makes quality decisions in a timely manner
- Proactively anticipates and addresses issues/opportunities
- Consistently accomplishes assigned tasks
- Delivers high quality work, within established timeframes
- Pays attention to detail and focuses on accuracy
- Seeks assistance, information, and resources to make good decisions
- Displays sense of urgency even in absence of assigned deadlines
- Adapts to tools & technology as per the process requirements
- Acquires foundational knowledge and skills in his/her functional area
- Seeks to understand the principles of service excellence & how to apply them in own area
- Encourages his/her group to continuously expand their knowledge base
Influence and Impact
- Maintain good working relationship with peer group delivering as a Team
- Set examples in the peer group
- Shares and collaborates with peers on application of relevant industry trends
- Displays active listening skills in interactions with people at all levels
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.