India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
This role is for an SAP BW Consultant who will be responsible for design and development of Business warehouse solutions. He/She will need to plan/execute SAP BW projects working as part of the project team and provide consulting services to the existing systems and bring about continuous improvement.
60% of Time
• Determine requirements in consultations with Stakeholders
• Participating in BI projects & ensuring that deliverables are met with Quality and On-time.
• Proficient in 2-3 areas of BW space.
• Focus on building depth and breadth of technical skills.
• Have participated in /large project
• Understand more broadly how their applications/technologies integrate with others outside of their own work group
• Train and educate IS functions, and business users
• Demonstrate the ability to build a work plan or parts of a work plan, as applicable for role
20% of Time
• Provide support for the existing SAP BI systems used by GMI.
• Diagnose problems and restore service promptly to SAP BI users, operating within agreed Service Level Agreements.
• Work with system users, other members of the IS Department, software vendors, and service providers to resolve problems.
• Carry out assigned activities during system releases, system upgrades and the application of SAP Hot Packs and system fixes
10% of Time
• Embrace a Continuous Improvement mentality to streamline and eliminate waste in all processes
• Proactively provide help in resolving issues and taking on multiple work plan tasks
10% of Time
• Maintain Strong technical skills and share knowledge with team members
• Actively engage in broad IT Department initiatives, such as technical forums, COPs.
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: Engineering
Preferred Professional Certifications: SAP BW
Minimum years of related experience required: 8 Years
Preferred years of related experience: 6 to 8 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Strong in SAP BW on HANA environment.
- At least 4 Implementation experience in SAP BW and at least 2 implementations in BW-IP. They should have worked on global projects involving multiple currency, languages and time zones.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Integrated Planning or Embedded BPC.
- Candidate should have the ability to determine requirements and propose appropriate solutions based on requirements
- Good communication skills
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
Technical Experience in:
- Administrator Workbench & HANA Eclipse based modeling tools
- BW Reporting – BEx, AFO, HANA Studio/ Eclipse
- Strong experience in building Composite Providers, Advanced DSO, Open ODS views etc.
- Expertise in BW Integrated Planning – Aggregation level, Planning ADSO and Composite Providers
- Understanding of planning scenarios & Standard planning function
- Strong programming knowledge with Planning Functions using ABAP/FOX/AMDP.
- Strong experience in development and support of AFO based planning workbooks and input ready BW queries
- Time-dependent and time-independent master data/hierarchies
- Data staging
- Data extraction expertise using ODP framework
- Implementation of enhancements/user exits in R/3 and BW including variable exits
- Experience implementing complex start/update routines and formulas
- Starts on the journey of identifying himself as technical go-to person
- Pro-actively identifies potential issues / deadline slippage /opportunities in projects/tasks and takes timely decisions
- Mentors team of developers
- Collaborates with the business stakeholders and develop strong working relationships
- Working experience in BW4HANA/BW on HANA, or S/4 HANA.
- Strong on BW Security.
- Working experience on Reporting tools.
- Experience on one or more planning application like Integrated Planning, BPC preferred.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.