India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
The Integration Engineering team is looking for an experienced Integration/DevOps Engineer that is talented, flexible and willing to learn to help us implement new processes and technologies. The team manages popular OSS developer tools and provides them as a service to all of General Mills. Part of the role is understanding the operational side of the tools and a support rotation. A larger part of the role will be build and manage the Integration Platform (Message Broker, API Gateway, Workflow Management, Enterprise Search Index) , developing APIs and other automation, allowing other teams to easily integrate and leverage the Middleware software as demand grows. The tools managed by Integration Engineering team are critical to the success of General Mills as applications modernize and/or move to the cloud.
Our current technology stack includes:
• Elasticsearch (Kibana, Logstash, Beats)
• Hashicorp Vault
• CA API Management/ Apigee
• C# .NET, Python, Go, Java
30 % of Time
• Evaluate new technologies and vendors to build future Integration Engineering capabilities and how applications are built and integrate with Middleware
40 % of Time
• Collaborate with application architects to design system infrastructure and ensure the stability and scalability of our internal systems
• Drive continuous improvement by adopting the right vendor technologies to support applications, in areas such as monitoring, operational task automation, continuous integration, upgrades and performance tuning
30 % of Time
• Investigate and resolve complex and multi-faceted issues, spanning the entire technology stack, which require working across teams and technology boundaries
• Proactively improve site reliability and key metrics, such as up-time, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents and other key operational SLAs
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Computers
Required Professional Certifications: NA
Preferred Professional Certifications: NA
Minimum years of related experience required:
Preferred years of related experience:
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• 10+ years of experience in Integration Platform Support
• Experience administrating Airflow , Google Composer, Kafka, Elastic Search (Kibana, Logstash, Bests), Hashicorp Vault, , API Management
• Experience with Monitoring solution/tools like Prometheus, Grafana
• Experience supporting Integration technology on Kubernetes Platform
• Understanding of Networking protocols and topography
• Strong understanding of Linux
• Experience of working with GCP/Azure/ Amazon AWS/Rackspace/ other leading cloud provider.
• Experience working in Agile teams
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
• Experience with Orchestrating the Airflow / workflow in a hybrid cloud environment
• Experience in developing guidelines for Airflow clusters and DAG's.
• Working knowledge of performance tuning of the DAG's and task implementation
• Experience in developing DAG - data pipeline to on-board and change management of datasets
• Experience with installing, configuring and monitoring Airflow cluster
• Understanding of airflow rest services and integration of airflow of platform eco-system
In addition to the above competency the candidate should have at least one of the below mentioned competencies.
• Prior development experience on .Net Platform with ability to integrate with Message Brokers, Enterprise Search Index, API Gateway etc.
• Proven track record of automating medium to large scale workflows using PowerShell, Ansible, other Orchestrator.
• Prior experience in Data Engineers/Advanced Analytics, relational databases, Hadoop, Google Big Query and No SQL databases.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture and policy
- Develop a cloud strategy and coordinate the adoption process
- Influence and participate in the transformation process by identify the likely Integration topology, approaches and platforms that will be used
- Own multiple Tools from Operational perspective
- Translation of the cloud strategy and architecture into a highly available and secure technical implementation, in accordance with best practices
- Continuous monitoring and optimization of the cloud implementation for technical and cost efficiencies
- Continuous support of, and collaboration with, other development teams and projects
Continuous Improvement of team processes
- Monitoring Industry Trends
- Promote best practices,
- Regular communication to stake holders
- Identify opportunities for automation specifically and opportunities for process improvement in general
- Providing end user self-service solutions
- Lead large automation projects
- Guide efforts to codify policies and business logic in support of automation efforts
- Develop and maintain standards, guidelines and artifacts for use in automation projects
- Lead pilot projects that demonstrate the business value of automation
- Champion the benefits of automation when speaking to leaders and, in turn, work to ensure that the target business outcomes are achieved
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.