India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Big Data Platform team to advance General Mills's infrastructure platform toward scalable and cloud ready vision through automation, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
We are looking for someone with an extensive experience to build, run and manage big data infrastructure platform and support advanced analytics & data science, both on premise and in the public cloud. You should have prior experience or willing to learn how to maintain systems management tools to manage infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, auditing, de-provisioning using Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, .NET, C#, Grafana and other tools.
You would be responsible for managing the GMI Big Data platform across locations and cloud providers. Primary responsibilities include operational excellence, consultation, and implementation for new systems.
• Consult with development teams to optimize data models and solutions.
• Develop and maintain systems management tools to manage infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, auditing, de-provisioning using Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, .NET, C#, Grafana and other tools.
• Work closely with other technical teams to align on common architectural vision, common tools and development practices.
• Leverage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for Infrastructure technologies.
• Responsibilities include rotating on call support and planned project activities. Candidate will be expected to be able to manage multiple commitments in a dynamic environment.
• Agile software development such as Kanban and Scrum
• Experience in software version control team practices and tools such as GIT/TFS
• Familiarity with operating system, networking and authentication concepts
• Experience with agile techniques and methods.
• Familiarity with Data & Analytics concepts and tools.
• Familiarity with modern Software Engineering principles.
• 4+ years of Data Development or Data Platforms infrastructure experience
• Familiarity with DevOps & CI/CD concepts and tools.
• Proven ability to work cross functionally with global teams.
• Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong aptitude to learn and passion for problem solving.
• Comfortable with cross-functional and collaborative team work.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Lead cultural change for cloud adoption
• Develop and coordinate cloud architecture and policy
• Own the technical/product road map for Big Data platform and participate in the transformation process by identify the likely approaches and platforms that will be used
• Review upgrade/migration projects
• Translation of strategy and architecture into a highly available and secure technical implementation, in accordance with best practices
• Continuous support of, and collaboration with, other development teams and projects
• Continuous Improvement of team processes
• Monitoring Industry Trends
• Promote best practices,
• Regular communication to stake holders
• Identify opportunities for automation specifically and opportunities for process improvement in general
• Providing end user self-service solutions
• Lead large automation projects
• Develop and maintain standards, guidelines and artifacts for use in automation projects
• Lead pilot projects that demonstrate the business value of automation
• Champion the benefits of automation when speaking to leaders and, in turn, work to ensure that the target business outcomes are achieved
Troubleshoot complex problems impacting individual application
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Computers
Required Professional Certifications: NA
Preferred Professional Certifications: NA
Minimum years of related experience required: 8
Preferred years of related experience: 10
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
10+ years of overall Experience on Big Data Platform design, build and run infrastructure solutions, both on premise and in the cloud.
4+ of relevant Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Artifactory, Terraform, Kubernetes etc
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.