India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Individual will be responsible for managing, enhancing, and supporting IT Service Management (Remedy ITSM) application modules: Incident, Change, Service Request, Asset/Configuration, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management. Individual will be responsible for gaining an understanding of the use of ITSM modules in business units worldwide providing strong process expertise from a technical and process perspective. Individual will need to be self-managing, results-oriented and enjoy working individual projects, team projects, and cross-organization projects while in a collaborative environment.
100% of Time
• Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to fix issues independently as they are identified.
• Leverages the software development lifecycle to design, build, test, and implement solutions based on customers’ requirements.
• Assists in defining user requirements within the ITSM tool.
• Consult and advise on business/support processes.
• Assist in our 24x7 On-Call Support on a rotational basis.
• Contribute in low to medium complex scope of work and continue to exercise judgment within the defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Designs and provides software solutions in ARS ensuring the process flow of the Remedy ITSM modules
• Provide Technical documentation for any request or Bug fix that has been developed.
• Document OPL’s and tasks for future turn over to Support teams.
• This job will include interaction with many teams at General Mills including: GMI QRO organization, Business Intelligence, SAP / ABAP Development, Basis, Master Data, EDI, Security and OPL, Training & Documentation.
• Implement solutions following standards and proper change control processes
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Major Area of Study: NA
Required Professional Certifications: NA
Preferred Professional Certifications: ITIL
Minimum years of related experience required: 4 Years
Preferred years of related experience: 6 Years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• 3 Years minimum ITSM version 9.1 or above experience (Incident, Change, Request, Problem, SLM, Work Order, Task, Notification modules)
• Working knowledge of MyIT, Smart-IT & Smart Reporting installations, configurations, and customizations.
• Working knowledge of ARS Server and ITSM Applications patches/hot fixes.
• Experience with Paging software
• Working knowledge of IIS and Apache
• Knowledge and/or experience with Agile is a plus.
• Scripting experience in PowerShell or Visual Basic is a plus.
• Java experience a plus, but not required
• Working knowledge of Survey solutions a plus, but not required
• Intermediate level knowledge of SQL a plus, but not required
• ServiceNow Experience is a plus, but not required
• Willingness to provide after hours on-call support and some weekend work as necessary.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
• Strong & Effective communication
• Should be an effective team player
• Timely completion of assigned roles & responsibilities
• Analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.