India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timing: 11 AM to 8 PM
CPW team at CMI works on harmonization of data across 52+ markets to produce one consolidated Global data warehouse hosted on MS Azure which is used for Global performance evaluation of our brands & track the competitive space, build Analytical solutions and share insights on Business Performances across the Globe.
We are looking for an experienced ETL Developer/Data Engineer with good data handling, problem solving and communication skills to join the Data Management & Reporting team. The candidate will work closely with the team to design and develop Data pipelines and Data models to support Reporting and Analytics need of the Business.
• Data Harmonization : Understand the current set-up and work with the team/business partners to optimize and automate the processes maintaining a good balance of speed vs perfection. Re-look at the existing data models and identify sustainable and scalable approaches for improving the data usage in analytics.
• Azure Infrastructure : Work with support partner to ensure the assets are Security complaint and cost efficient. Identify any need to revisit the current set-up for future needs.
• Integrate New Data Assets : Build good understanding of new datasets, including panel data, 1st party campaign data and clickstream data and set-up processes to integrate it into the existing Azure environment.
• Support Data Engineering needs : Understand data needs from the Decision Science team and implement data transformation/manipulation to help get answers to Business questions faster and smarter. Support the Reporting and Visualization team on backend data architecture and data model development for new projects.
• Upscale Data Engineering capability in the team: Train Analysts in the team to translate business questions into technical use cases
To be successful, this individual must demonstrate the following:
• Pragmatic and solution driven mindset
• Learning agility to understand data from a Business lens
• Strong technical and conceptual skillset on ETL and Data Wrangling
• Effective Team player
• 5+ years in Data Engineering - SQL, Python, ETL tools, experience in Azure technologies is a plus
• Prior experience working with variety of data sources – FMCG preferred
• Great communication skills – speaks, reads and writes English fluently
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.