Position Title: Sr. Analyst – Central Forecast Team
Country: India Location: Mumbai
Shift timings: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Role Reports to: Manager – Central Forecast Team
Percentage of travel required: Minimal
Support the Global Emerging Markets (GEMS) business with the end-to-end planning process (PEAK), helping to enable consistent profitable growth. Be an SME in financial forecasting and ensure each cycle submissions are complete and accurate. Provide stakeholders with insightful reporting & analysis. Be the expert in the financial systems, forecast tools and document flows, while always ensuring strong compliance with internal controls.
50% of Time Financial Forecast, PEAK. Spring Plan & Stakeholder support:
- SME for Financial Forecasting System,
- Key contact for Market Finance Lead,
- Ensuring a complete and accurate financial forecast is submitted, using vol from Demand team,
- Review Analyst submissions for forecasting and budgeting process,
- Assisting with the compilation of decks for each Peak monthly meetings (PMR, DRM, MBR, SR),
40% of Time Reporting and Analysis:
- Provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders on Financial Results
- Call out key discrepancies and movements vs plan/Fcst,
- Preparing and distributing actual business results to stakeholders,
- Pricing and Expense (Admin, Marketing, Trade) consolidation and reporting,
- In-market measures for distributor markets
10% of Time Daily Activities:
- Discussion of results and performance with Stakeholders,
- Continuous improvement of existing procedures and processes,
- Preparation of CWC forecast,
- Evaluation of distributor trade spend forecast (TAF).
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance, Analytics, Accountancy,
Required Professional Certifications: B.Com
Preferred Professional Certifications: CA, MBA
Minimum years of related experience required: 7+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 7-9 years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
Should have an excellent level of financial & business acumen as well as advanced competency in Excel. Needs to be a strong partner to both market finance and cross functional teams. Understands the business needs, anticipates, and responds to evolving business requirements. Is an excellent communication and is comfortable becoming an SME in complex areas.
Partnering with Stakeholders
• Comfortable communicating across functional teams and with senior stakeholders,
• Able to critically evaluate financial performance and present the same,
• Has a learning mindset,
• Has a customer service mindset,
• Anticipates future stakeholder needs and accelerates what is possible.
Submission of Financial Forecast and PEAK support
• Use BPC forecast system to ensure all financial inputs are inputted and accurate,
• Critically review forecast output for missing or outlier datapoints,
• Closely liaise with the business finance team with regards forecast submission and output each month,
• Build standardized Peak decks for each monthly meeting (PMR, DRM, MBR, SR),
• Work with stakeholder to put together financial scorecard for each HUB review.
• Monthly actual performance report (vs FCST, SP, LY etc), prepare and distribute to stakeholders,
• Detailed financial summary maintained and refreshed each month,
• Expense (Admin, Marketing, Trade) consolidation and reporting,
• Prepare & distribute NPD sales and distribution for each forecast,
• Monthly Trade spend report with accruals and claims by Customer/Distributor,
• Distributor market reports – IMS, Distribution and Inventory levels,
• SRM/HMM consolidation and reporting.
• Ad hoc stakeholder reporting requests (Market/Brand/Pack performance, Time period analysis, customer performance etc)
• Compilation of CWC forecast.