Vice President of Financial Markets Group
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoThe Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's Financial Markets Group is focused on advancing public policy and robust market practices to promote the stability of the U.S. financial system. We analyze and advise on issues that affect financial markets across a range of asset classes, with a specific focus on derivatives and central clearing. We are part of the Research, Policy, and Public Engagement function within the Chicago Fed.
The Vice President of the Financial Markets Group leads a multidisciplinary team of policy professionals that conduct high-quality applied research on public policy issues in financial markets in support of the Bank’s mission. The Vice President reports to the Senior Vice President and Director of Financial Policy. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader from industry, academia, or a regulatory institution to produce high quality, impactful work directly connected to the responsibilities of the Federal Reserve.
- Oversee and provide intellectual leadership for the development, execution, and communication of policy projects and initiatives around financial market institutions.
- Manage the Financial Markets Group by setting expectations and objectives, providing ongoing guidance, feedback, and mentorship, and assessing staff performance.
- In collaboration with peers, lead department initiatives, create and sustain a collegial culture, and further the Chicago Fed’s commitment to excellence in research and policy analysis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business, or law, or equivalent experience
- Track record of strong leadership of a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Significant experience in financial markets, as an industry participant, regulator, or academic scholar; deep understanding of financial market institutions and infrastructures and established relationships with thought leaders in financial markets, regulatory agencies, and academia.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and communicate high-quality research or policy analysis.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria.
- Travel approximately 10-20%.
- This position will be based in our Chicago office. A hybrid work schedule with Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in person is expected.
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo applicable background checks and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.